From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/20010913
Description of problem:
After installation (upgrade from 7.1 too) system cannot mount any cdrom.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install new system RedHat 7.2 (upgrade from 7.1 is with the same effect).
2. After successfull installation try to mount any cdrom.
3. You will obtain message as "cdrom - cannot find block device"
Actual Results: You can repair it with kudzu.
1) Shutdown system a nd insert some pnp card.
2) Start system and kudzu menu appears, configure the pnp device.
3) Shut down system and remove the pnp card.
4) Start system and kudzu remove the pnp configuration.
5) After step 4 You will be able to mount cdrom device.
Expected Results: I suspect that the depmod is nt runnig or have bad
dependencies. (before the kudzu repair).
Looks like anaconda isn't setting the /dev/cdrom link correctly, reassiging.
Running 'depmod -ae' should solve the problem. This will be fixed in the next
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 55071 ***