Description of Problem:
I want to turn my RedHat 7.2 machine as a XTerminal and XServer via the
I worked well until RedHat 7.1
I thought first it was a problem with X11 (See my bug report #55826, copy
of the modifications I did on some files stored under /etc/X11/xdm) but
then I realized it comes from kdm
(I simply tried my modifications with xdm instead of kdm and it works)
I saw that there is now a file called /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc
I tried to play with it but without success.
Can someone tell me simply what to do.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Easily, just modify the files accorded to the description of bug #55826 and
see by yourself...
You can replace in /etc/inittab
/etc/X11/prefdm by /usr/X11r6/bin/xdm and then it works
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Modify Xservers, inittab, Xresources, xdm-config, Xaccess
2. Try to make the XDMCP protocol available via /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc
Here is what I tried
[root@brest kdm]# diff kdmrc kdmrc.org
3. as root, restart the XServer.
A grey screen....
A menu with a list of machine I can log on.
it works for me. it looks like a configuration problem