Description of problem:
The 'Update standard folders to current language?' dialog is not displayed
displayed for languages when the particular language is selected from gdm that do not have translations for these folders. Additionally, the screen does not provide an option to convert the language names to English, which would be helpful for these languages that do not have translations for these folders.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to the Spanish (es) locale through gdm
2. Choose to convert the names of the folders in the 'Update standard folders to current language?' dialog
2. Check that the names of the folders in the users Home directory have been converted to their Spanish Equivalent.
3. Logout and return to gdm
4. Login to the Bengali India (bn_IN) locale through gdm
5. Check the names of the folders in the users Home directory.
The 'Update standard folders to current language?' dialog is not displayed and the names of the folders are retained in the language which was last chosen to convert the language names (in this case Spanish), irrespective of the times the user has logged in/out.
1a. Display the 'Update standard folders to current language?' dialog for languages that do not have translations for the folders in the users' home directory.
1b. An option in the dialog to allow the directories to be (re)named in English
2. Automatic conversion of the directory names into English for the languages that do not have the translation (similar to process used for other user interface messages)
1. This is particularly important, since some languages that use non-latin script may prefer to not translate the folder names in English to allow access from the console.
2. At present, the user has to log back into the English locale to rename the folders and then log back into the bn_IN locale again.
You can go to http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/xdg-user-dirs/ to add translations for your language.
If you want to look into enhancing xdg-user-dirs-gtk, that lives at http://git.gnome.org/browse/xdg-user-dirs-gtk/
xdg-user-dirs translations are not hosted on transifex.net. It rather use ancient Translation Project.
*** Bug 500952 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This message is a reminder that Fedora 13 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 30 (thirty) days from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 13. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '13'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 13's end of life.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 13 is end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora please change the 'version' of this
bug to the applicable version. If you are unable to change the version,
please add a comment here and someone will do it for you.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
The process we are following is described here:
Fedora 13 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2011-06-25. Fedora 13 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version.
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.