Created attachment 408465 [details]
debug traceback saved by anaconda, gzipped
Description of problem: Installer traceback during Custom partition editing.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: haven't tried
Steps to Reproduce:
1. fresh install of rawhide for Fedora 14 from DVD
2. basic disks, custom configuration
3. select existing ext4 partition; cannot Edit because of bug 582083.
4. switch to shell on VT2, use fdisk to change partition type to 0 (Empty).
5. switch back to VT6, click Back button (causes Finding storage devices and re-shows dialog with Custom configuration selected)
6. click Next, to get graphical partition editor
7. try to Create partition from Free space created by step 4.
Actual results: traceback with ValueError: arg 1 must be a StorageDevice instance
Expected results: Free space available for assignment to new partition.
anaconda 14.4 exception report
Traceback (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pyanaconda/storage/deviceaction.py", line 141, in __init__
raise ValueError("arg 1 must be a StorageDevice instance")
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pyanaconda/storage/deviceaction.py", line 200, in __init__
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pyanaconda/iw/partition_dialog_gui.py", line 220, in run
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pyanaconda/iw/partition_gui.py", line 1674, in editPartition
actions = parteditor.run()
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pyanaconda/iw/partition_gui.py", line 1560, in createCB
self.editPartition(device, isNew = True)
ValueError: arg 1 must be a StorageDevice instance
Is this at all reproducible? I don't believe anyone here has seen this bug before.
Attempt to reproduce was blocked by bug 596585.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 14 development cycle.
Changing version to '14'.
More information and reason for this action is here:
If you see this again in F17 alpha, please reopen this bug. I've not seen any duplicates of it so I believe it to be fixed.