Created attachment 411277 [details]
gallery installer log (referenced in the error message)
Description of problem:
After installing gallery2-2.3.1-1.fc12 on my system, i tried configuring the gallery instance but it always fails on Step 8 ("Install Gallery Core")
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install gallery2 (yum install gallery2)
2. Read through /usr/share/gallery2/README.fedora for differences with upstream version of gallery
3. Start up httpd and point browser to 'http://localhost/gallery2/
4. Run through the installer. Note that Step 4 will complain:
Gallery file integrity -- Warning
Missing files (3)
Modified files (10)
5. Proceed anyways to Step 8, which will then complain:
Core module is only partially installed.
Error installing Gallery Core
Something went wrong when we tried to install the core module. What to do next?
1. Go to the System Checks step of the installer and make sure all checks shows 'Success'. A common issue is that the file integrity warning is ignored.
2. If there are no warnings or failures in the System Checks step, empty your storage directory and delete the database tables and start the installation process a second time (redo all steps).
3. Please visit the G2 FAQ and read the Known issues section of the Readme.
4. If the problem persists, please copy the installation log which is located at /var/tmp/gallery2//install_984fda4f6c.log and attach it (as install.log.zip) to a new forum topic in the G2 support forum or, if possible, just add a link to the install.log in the forum topic such that the support staff can analyze it if necessary.
- gallery2 installer gets stuck at Step 8
- Gallery2 installer should successfully proceed to Step 11 "Finish Installation"
I'm attaching the log file generated during the installation (referenced in the message above). Note, that i do not know much about gallery2 or about php. So all of this is missing/modified files bit is pretty confusing. I just want to install and use gallery.
Please let me know if you need any additional information.
It seems this is linked to #580236
This Bug could probably be closed as duplicate
(In reply to comment #1)
> It seems this is linked to #580236
> See https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/php-5.3.2-2.fc12
> This Bug could probably be closed as duplicate
Yep ! Just tested it. I confirm that this can be closed as a duplicate.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 580236 ***