I just realized this is the same as bug 534172, which I do have patches for. The real question is will QA want to take them.
Event posted on 08-11-2010 12:08pm EDT by willg
This hotfix worked for the customer and they closed the CRM. They were very
pleased. I am closing this IT. Thank you everyone!
This event sent from IssueTracker by willg
Is there a way to get access to the hotfix before it hits GA?
As more of my users are issued new DOD CACs this is becoming a larger problem.
Thank you in advance,
Tested with a TOPDLGX4 144K smart card.
- On a Rhel 5.6 desktop installed coolkey-1.1.0-15.el5.
- used a omnikey cardman 3121 (ccid) reader
- configured the rhel 5.6 machine to do smartcard login. loaded up the root certs
onto both /etc/pki/nssdb and firefox db
- ESC application is able to recognize the card insertion and removal
- ESC application - view certificates shows that the certs are all verified
- firefox is able to view the certs.
- Used the card to perform smart card login. Success.
- enabled screen lock upon card removal. success.
- gdm unlocks the screen once the card is inserted and enter the correct pin.
- gdm greeter recognizes insertion/removal screens successfully.
Marking this bug verified.
Technical note added. If any revisions are required, please edit the "Technical Notes" field
accordingly. All revisions will be proofread by the Engineering Content Services team.
The coolkey device driver has been updated to follow the new Card Compatibility Container (CCC) specification, so that Gemalto TOPDLGX4 144K CAC cards are now supported.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.
*** Bug 610656 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***