Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 622916
Coolkey not recognizing DoD CACs on Gemalto TOPDLGX4 144K cards.
Last modified: 2015-01-04 18:43:30 EST
Tested the following with TOPDLGX4 144K smart card.
- On a Rhel 6 desktop installed coolkey-1.1.0-16.el6.
- used a omnikey cardman 3121 (ccid) reader
- configured the rhel 6 machine to do smartcard login. loaded up the root certs
onto both /etc/pki/nssdb and firefox db
- ESC application is able to recognize the card insertion and removal
- ESC application - view certificates shows that the certs are all verified
- firefox is able to view the certs.
- Used the card to perform smart card login. Success.
- enabled screen lock upon card removal. success.
- gdm unlocks the screen once the card is inserted and enter the correct pin.
- gdm greeter recognizes insertion/removal screens successfully.
Smartcard login with Gemalto 64K card and omnikey reader for a kerberos user as well as a local user is successful.
Marking this bug verified.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 is now available and should resolve
the problem described in this bug report. This report is therefore being closed
with a resolution of CURRENTRELEASE. You may reopen this bug report if the
solution does not work for you.