Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 596522
Printing option to staple output doesn't work with multiple copies
Last modified: 2010-06-01 11:40:15 EDT
Description of problem:
We have a multifuntion printer (Xerox WorkCentre Pro C2128) which can automatically staple print jobs. When a print job in OpenOffice consists of multiple copies, these copies get stapled together.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Happens every time
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start any OpenOffice application.
2. Open a multipage document which is to be stapled.
3. Select Print... option in File menu.
4. Click on the Properties... button in the Print dialog.
5. Click on the Device tab in the "Properties of" dialog.
6. In the list of Options, click on the Stapling option.
A list of stapling options should appear under Current Value.
7. Select the "1 Staple" option.
8. Click the OK button in the "Properties of" dialog.
The "Properties of" dialog should disappear.
9. Change the Number of Copies in the Print dialog to 2.
10. Click the OK button in the Print dialog.
All sheets output from the print job are stapled together.
The 2 copies printed out should be stapled individually.
This happens in OOo Writer, Calc, and Impress.
This does not happen in Gedit or Evince on the same computer.
Best way to fix all these is to use the gtk print dialog and get uniform results across apps for the edge-cases
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 476039 ***
This problem also occurs in Windows XP so I filed a bug report upstream.