The drivers cannot do more than approx. 30 hotplugs/hotunplugs.
This is due to some leak in grant table entries.
Technical note added. If any revisions are required, please edit the "Technical Notes" field
accordingly. All revisions will be proofread by the Engineering Content Services team.
Previously, more than 30 cycles network card hot-plug and hot-unplug caused the guest to reject any further hotplug. With this update, the RHELSCSI driver can sustain repeated cycles of network card hot-plug and hot-unplug.
Version-Release number of selected component:
guest: Windows2008r2 HVM
1. Edit the vm's config file to install xenpv-win, change the disk
2. Start the vm with xm create command:
[host]# xm create $vm-config
3. Open "My Computer", double click "xenpv-win-1.2.0(D:)(CDROM Drive)"
Or Open CD Drive, then double click xenpv-win.exe
Then the installer start the installation process, choose "next" all the
4. Execute hot-plug and hot-unplug 500 times.
[host]# xm pci-attach $domU $dev
[host]# xm pci-detach $domU $dev
5. using vncviewer to login the guest vm and check.
1. The guest works well and blue-screen doesn't occur.
I cannot reproduce this bug, so change it to verified.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.