Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 603913
cluster status message passing among nodes is broken
Last modified: 2016-04-26 10:53:47 EDT
Description of problem:
Luci only talks to ricci on one node of the cluster, if that node's cluster infrastructure is stopped (service cman stop), luci will continue using that node and erroneously report that there is no cluster formed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create/Add a 2 node cluster
2. Stop ricci on first node
3. Hit refresh in the luci interface 3 times
4. start ricci on the first node
5. Run 'service cman stop' on the second node
6. Refresh the luci interface 3 times, both nodes will appear to be not members of the cluster.
7. Login to the 1st node and run 'cman_tool status', you will see that the cluster is still in fact running and that the 1st node is a member of the cluster.
Cluster appears to be down from luci interface
Luci should show that the cluster is working but the second node is not part of the cluster
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux major release. Product Management has requested further
review of this request by Red Hat Engineering, for potential inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux Major release. This request is not yet committed for
*** Bug 616377 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 436426 [details]
fix node communication through modclusterd
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 is now available and should resolve
the problem described in this bug report. This report is therefore being closed
with a resolution of CURRENTRELEASE. You may reopen this bug report if the
solution does not work for you.