+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #583089 +++
This bug is intended to track a future change to anaconda needed when e2fsprogs is changed to fix bug#576060
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #576060 +++
The following was filed automatically by anaconda:
anaconda 13.36 exception report
Traceback (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/formats/fs.py", line 471, in doResize
raise FSResizeError("resize failed: %s" % rc, self.device)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/deviceaction.py", line 348, in execute
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devicetree.py", line 672, in processActions
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/__init__.py", line 290, in doIt
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 109, in turnOnFilesystems
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 205, in moveStep
rc = stepFunc(self.anaconda)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 126, in gotoNext
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1313, in nextClicked
FSResizeError: ('resize failed: 1', '/dev/sda2')
--- Additional comment from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2010-04-06 18:07:20 EDT ---
A patch to work around this has been committed to anaconda's master and f13-branch.
As comment 17 says, when the e2fsprogs patch comes through there will need to be another patch to anaconda to deal with the new return code.
--- Additional comment from email@example.com on 2010-04-06 18:31:15 EDT ---
(In reply to comment #21)
> As comment 17 says, when the e2fsprogs patch comes through there will need to
> be another patch to anaconda to deal with the new return code.
I doubt I'll push it pre-F13; it's not upstream yet, and it'd just be more churn for anaconda. So if it's ok with you guys, you can just not worry about it until F14 :)
--- Additional comment from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2010-04-06 18:37:47 EDT ---
Sounds like a good plan to me.
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux major release. Product Management has requested further
review of this request by Red Hat Engineering, for potential inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux Major release. This request is not yet committed for
I had thought this change was causing an error I am seeing in an updated iso I built. It ends up that it is not related to this.
Brian, should this be closed NOTABUG then?
Yes. weird, I thought I had already done that, sorry.
No prob, thanks.
Re-opening. This needs to be handled correctly.
*** Bug 610758 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I have a patch that fixes the UI side of this.
In addition to that there is a problem with the current version of resize2fs (v1.41.12) in that it is requiring a fsck before it will allow -P to report the size. After talking with sandeen we came to the conclusion that this is too strict for -P and should be removed. He is working on that.
Steps to reproduce in the duplicate bug:
anaconda's part will be fixed in 13.21.58-1 commit fe23b3b20f96c739d98db9cfba96310715c05939 and commit bd05db842ba291c5dea6b11b3b1c68c3a03479a0
following the steps to reproduce from comment #12 lead to a different result with snap #8. Anaconda offers to shrink vda3 and the value for new size is the same as the partition size. When I try to change it to whatever (1000, 0, 1) it's reset back to the original proposal. The increase/descrease arrows are disabled. If I press Shrink with this value then I get a message new size is the same as old size.
This doesn't look right, does it?
I don't think the new e2fsprogs made it into snap8, so we don't have all the pieces to make it work properly yet.
That is correct behavior for the current set of code though -- it doesn't know what the minimum size is, so is refusing to make it any smaller.
Which version of e2fsprogs are we waiting for?
(In reply to comment #17)
> Which version of e2fsprogs are we waiting for?
"the next one" ;) It'd be 1.41.12-3 if/when I am allowed to make the change:
Bug 614220 - resize2fs: relax -P (query minimum size) requirements
Still waiting on blocker + for that. qa_ack + might help.
(In reply to comment #12)
> Steps to reproduce in the duplicate bug:
With snap #10 (0807.0) and following these steps I was able to shrink vda3 and create LVM layout. Moving to VERIFIED.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 is now available and should resolve
the problem described in this bug report. This report is therefore being closed
with a resolution of CURRENTRELEASE. You may reopen this bug report if the
solution does not work for you.