From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT)
Description of problem:
The usbdnet patch referenced in the URL enables support for Ethernet-over-USB.
Incorporating this would be invaluable for allowing my Linux-based Sharp Zaurus
SL-5500 PDA to access the Internet via its USB cradle.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. cd /lib/modules/`uname -r`/usb directory
2. ls -l usbdnet.o
3. When file not found, make xconfig
4. Click on "USB Support"
5. Look for "USBD Network (Encapsulated) Host-to-Host Link (EXPERIMENTAL)"
6. When not found, exit kernel configuration
7. Check on this bugzilla entry for status update
8. Repeat step 7 several times daily while crossing fingers for change in
Actual Results: Get stuck in infinite loop on step 8.
Expected Results: Step 2 has output.
Mandrake 8.2 already supports this patch in their kernel.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 62596 ***