Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 642610
JON241: [apache] Unable to detect the ServerName directive if it is defined in an included configuration file
Last modified: 2011-05-23 21:17:56 EDT
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Don't define ServerName in the main httpd.conf file
2. Put Include "somefile.conf" in the main httpd.conf
3. Define the ServerName directive in the "somefile.conf"
4. Let RHQ discover the apache instance with the above config and inventory it.
5. Enable Augeas support in the connection properties to be able to see the configuration.
6. Notice that the Server name doesn't have the value defined in the config file.
No value for the Server name in the RHQ resource configuration
The value as in the config file.
This appears to have gone into the release-3.0 branch so should be testable in
Verified on rhq-release branch 3.0.1 - build#422
Commented directives like ServerName and ServerAdmin in main httpd.conf file.
Included test.conf in the main httpd.conf (Include conf.d/test.conf)
Created a file test.conf at /etc/httpd/conf.d/
Defined the ServerName and ServerAdmin directives in the "test.conf"
Discovered and inventoried the apache instance with the above config in RHQ.
Enable Augeas support in the connection properties.
The ServerName and ServerAdmin are displayed in resource configuration as defined in test.conf. Please refer the attached screenshot.
Created attachment 459430 [details]
Verified this against jon-server-2.4.1-SNAPSHOT build# 24.
Followed the steps and observed that the The ServerName and ServerAdmin are displayed in resource configuration as defined in the included configuration file.
Bookkeeping - closing bug - fixed in recent release.