Spec URL: http://thm.fedorapeople.org/python26-jinja2/python26-jinja2.spec
SRPM URL: http://thm.fedorapeople.org/python26-jinja2/python26-jinja2-2.5.5-4.fc14.src.rpm
Jinja2 is a template engine written in pure Python. It provides a
Django inspired non-XML syntax but supports inline expressions and an
optional sandboxed environment.
If you have any exposure to other text-based template languages, such
as Smarty or Django, you should feel right at home with Jinja2. It's
both designer and developer friendly by sticking to Python's
principles and adding functionality useful for templating
This is an EPEL5 only package for python26.
Review of EPEL5 only python-jinga, bug #675628
Builds in an EPEL5 mock okay.
- Package meets naming and packaging guidelines
$ rpmlint /var/lib/mock/epel-5-x86_64/result/*.rpm
python26-jinja2.noarch: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US sandboxed -> sandboxes, sand boxed, sand-boxed
python26-jinja2.noarch: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US templating -> contemplating, template's, template
python26-jinja2.src: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US sandboxed -> sandboxes, sand boxed, sand-boxed
python26-jinja2.src: W: spelling-error %description -l en_US templating -> contemplating, template's, template
python26-jinja2.src:2: E: hardcoded-library-path in /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages
2 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 1 errors, 4 warnings.
The last is fine for python26 package where it can't easily be determined dynamically
and spec file is very hard coded anyway to python2.6.
sandboxed and templating are both verbisms so okay.
- Spec file matches base package name.
- Spec has consistant macro usage.
- Meets Packaging Guidelines.
- License field in spec matches
3 clause BSD, all files contain ":license: BSD.".
- License file included in package
LICENSE file included.
- Spec in American English
- Spec is legible.
- Sources match upstream md5sum:
$ md5sum Jinja2-2.5.5.tar.gz ../SOURCES/Jinja2-2.5.5.tar.gz
- Package needs ExcludeArch
- BuildRequires correct
- Spec handles locales/find_lang
- Package is relocatable and has a reason to be.
- Package has %defattr and permissions on files is good.
- Package has a correct %clean section.
- Package has correct buildroot
- Doc subpackage needed/used.
- Packages %doc files don't affect runtime.
- Package compiles and builds on at least one arch.
- Package has no duplicate files in %files.
It does not.
- Package doesn't own any directories other packages own.
- Package owns all the directories it creates.
- final provides and requires are sane:
$ for i in *rpm; do echo $i; rpm -qp --provides $i; echo =; rpm -qp --requires $i; echo; done
python26-jinja2 = 2.5.5-4.el5
python26-babel >= 0.8
Looks good to me.
- Should build in mock.
- Should build on all supported archs
It's no arch.
- Should function as described.
Test suite runs.
- Should have sane scriptlets.
- Should have dist tag
- Should package latest version
2.5.5 is latests.
Straightforward python package - approved.
Thanks for the package.
Thanks for the review!
New Package SCM Request
Package Name: python26-jinja2
Short Description: General purpose template engine
This is an EPEL5 only package.
Git done (by process-git-requests).
python26-jinja2-2.5.5-4.el5 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 5.
python26-jinja2-2.5.5-4.el5 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 5 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
If you want to test the update, you can install it with
su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update python26-jinja2'. You can provide feedback for this update here: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/python26-jinja2-2.5.5-4.el5
python26-jinja2-2.5.5-4.el5 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 5 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.