Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 683609
Purging (but not deleting) a plugin results in a wedged plugin situation
Last modified: 2013-08-31 06:40:25 EDT
Description of problem:
If a user Purges a plugin, but does not delete it first, it disappears from UI, but the .jar remains on the filesystem indefinitely. Attempting to re-upload/deploy these does not seem possible either.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install a JON/RHQ server and assure all the eap5 related plugins -- AS5, Hibernate, CacheV3 -- are installed and in working order. Check the timestamps for these plugins on the filesystem
2. Administration > Plugins
3. Attempt to PURGE these three plugins -- do not delete them first.
4. Rescan plugins -- note they are now missing in UI.
5. Wait some time to see if they ever come back (they won't)
6. Attempt to redeploy these by uploading anew
7. Scan for updates.
8. Check the timestamps on the filesystem again
* The plugins never appear in the list
* The file timestamp remains the same, as if the .jars were never uploaded/redeployed
* Plugins get redeployed and appear on list
I am really not sure what we expect to happen when purging a plugin w/o deleting. But at very least we should be able to "make it all go away!" by uploading the plugins anew.
you should never be able to select the purge button for those plugins that are not yet deleted. need to fix the workflow in the ui
Just need to fix UI as mazz describes
Created attachment 525338 [details]
In Goregui, the purge button is not listed for a plugin that is not yet deleted.
If you press on "list deleted" the purge button shows up, but trying to purge a not-yet-deleted plugin will result in a yellow box "you can't do that" and no plugins are deleted/purged (see attachment)
Verified on build#446 (Version: 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT Build Number: 566527b)
The 'Purge' button is not displayed in Administration > Plugins when plugin is not deleted. Clicking on 'Show Deleted' button displays the 'Purge' button.
Selected JBossAS5, JBossCache3 and Hibernate] plugins and clicked on purge button without deleting them. The UI displays below message in UI:
Plugins must be deleted before they they can be purged. The following plugins must first be deleted: [JBossAS5, JBossCache3, Hibernate]. No plugins were purged.
Marking as verified.
This was fixed around RHQ 4.1 so closing it.
As the situation can still be improved, I have opened Bug 1003161 to implement improvements.