Description of problem:
When creating a new role, a user is able to initially select one "Read?" checkbox in resource permissions. A warning pops up, and then this box is unable to be reverted. Subsequent attempts to check any other read checkbox fails.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Administration > Roles > New
2. Choose one of the items in Resource Permissions (i.e., "Manage Alerts"), check/double-click the "Read?" checkbox.
3. Note the warning that appears
4. Attempt to uncheck this box.
5. Attempt to select any other "Read?" box for other permissions
* Box can be checked but subsequently cannot be unchecked
* I don't think we're allowing someone to explicitly select the read box -- as the UI warning notes, "Read access for the Manage Content permission is implied and cannot be disabled." But this -- and most others -- can be selected at least initially, and not unselected.
Please note that the "Configure" checkbox appears to be a different case. It can be selected/unselected multiple times and no warnings appear. However, it is true that once the actions listed in steps 1-5 above are taken, the Configure checkbox can no longer be selected. This may well be a completely different bug.
Fixed - [master 6773ca8].
i am not able to save role permissions. i added bz 698475. i will retest this bug and bz 698475 together. to be clear, this bz is not verified now.
i am marking this verified. read permissions were a bit confusing for me, as while they are all listed and have checkboxes, only exactly one can be unchecked ...all the others are implied and must be set. i have communicated his usability feedback to ips and he is adding something in another geck to mitigate some of the usability confusion i had.
Bookkeeping - closing bug - fixed in recent release.