Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open konsole
2. su -
3. init 1
system reaches runlevel 3, but tty1 is not usable. must manually switch to tty2.
the current tty (tty1) must be usable after reaching runlevel1
I installed another machine, updated it and reproduced it.
SELinux is PERMISSIVE.
When executing an 'init 1' the following appears in the messages:
Mar 24 18:32:09 f15a kdm: :0: Cannot close ConsoleKit session: Unable to close session: Unable to find session for cookie
i wonder if it is related...
* tty1 is unusable, i must press ALT+F2 to use the next avaiable one.
* from tty2, a 'ps aux|grep tty' shows that no agetty is running for
tty1 and tty2(ok, because i am logged in there).
Results after hitting this bug:
If i perform a 'systemctl default' or 'init 5' it executes it correctly.
But then i perform an 'init 1' i sent my computer to a black-hole
Issuing an 'init 1' from cold-boot works fine.
* Bug 688658 - F15 issuing 'init 1' from konsole [via su -] causes black screen/no signal (with serial port console there is no black screen), must use reset button
Does tty1 become usable again if you do "systemctl start firstname.lastname@example.org"?
It is probably the same problem that Lennart put in his TODO some time ago:
* isolate multi-user.target doesn't start a getty@tty1 if we run it from
> Does tty1 become usable again if you do "systemctl start email@example.com"?
yes, if i issue 'init 3' from graphical.target and then
from tty2 issue 'systemctl start firstname.lastname@example.org' tty1 works.
Fixed in git.
systemd-25-1.fc15 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 15.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 15 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing systemd-25-1.fc15'
as soon as you are able to, then reboot.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
Tested with these versions:
systemd.x86_64 25-1.fc15 @updates-testing
systemd-units.x86_64 25-1.fc15 @updates-testing
It correctly starts tty1 now, so, fixed.
systemd-25-1.fc15 has been pushed to the Fedora 15 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.