Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 696189
[RFE] Provide eclipse-photran package
Last modified: 2013-07-03 00:13:07 EDT
2. What is the nature and description of the request?
Include eclipse-photran fortran plugin http://www.eclipse.org/photran/
3. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Needs to work on Fortran code in eclipse
4. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional
eclipse-photran is available via RHN or EPEL
5. For each functional requirement listed in question 4, specify how Red Hat
and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully
yum install eclipse-photran
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
Couldn't find one
7. How quickly does this need resolved? (desired target release)
5.8 if RHEL, asap if EPEL
8. Does this request meet the RHEL Inclusion criteria (please review)
9. List the affected packages
10. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for
inclusion in the current release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Because the affected component is not scheduled to be updated
in the current release, Red Hat is unfortunately unable to
address this request at this time. Red Hat invites you to
ask your support representative to propose this request, if
appropriate and relevant, in the next release of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux. If you would like it considered as an
exception in the current release, please ask your support
We do not plan to include this package in RHEL. Looks like it is already present in EPEL and satisfies the customers' request. Closing.