Description of problem:
Start a synchronisation process by selecting a profile from the GUI and the "contacting server" is displayed. It never disappears until you quit.
Using the command line version is fine (I have to ssh into my client to do this otherwise unison assumes that you want to use the GUI).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start Unison GUI
2. Select Profile
A panel displayed to show the differences between the two machines you are syncing.
To save you any disappointment:
(1) Please apply for co-maint of unison if you would like to
If anyone wants to know I have built Unison 2.40.63 (the current stable release) from source and it works on Fedora 14 and Fedora 15.
What I did:
1. Install ocaml, the ocaml gtk libraries and development files. It is also best to install EMACS to avoid funny looking results. My system already had all other dependencies already installed.
2. Download the source from http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/
3. Untar it (nautilus works fine)
4. Open a terninal and cd to the Untar'd source
5. Type Make
6. As root copy the executable file unison to /usr/bin
If I get a chance I will attempt to make an rpm spec file but I will not get around to doing this for at least a couple of months.
If people ask I will make the binary available (x86_64 only at present).
Created attachment 505146 [details]
Patch that fixes the problem for me, created with a little googling
Created attachment 519019 [details]
Unison spec file
This is a spec file for Unison 2.40.63. I obtained it from Seve and am posting it here with his kind permission. (Seve does not necessarily claim sole authorship of this spec file, but still, kudos to him for providing it.) The rpms are available from http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=264197
I hope this will help to get Unison properly maintained again.
*** Bug 733938 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
fixed with unison240 in updates-testing