This service will be undergoing maintenance at 00:00 UTC, 2016-08-01. It is expected to last about 1 hours
Bug 709836 - [abrt] ibus-1.3.99.20110408-5.fc15: connection.py:630:call_blocking:DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Can not find engine xkb:layout:in:tel.
[abrt] ibus-1.3.99.20110408-5.fc15: connection.py:630:call_blocking:DBusExcep...
Status: CLOSED DUPLICATE of bug 707370
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: ibus (Show other bugs)
15
x86_64 Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: fujiwara
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
abrt_hash:7abffa42be55439a4dab6ff4b64...
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-06-01 14:40 EDT by phanindra
Modified: 2011-07-21 21:33 EDT (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2011-07-21 21:33:50 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description phanindra 2011-06-01 14:40:44 EDT
abrt version: 2.0.1
architecture:   x86_64
cmdline:        /usr/bin/python /usr/share/ibus/ui/gtk/main.py
component:      ibus
executable:     /usr/share/ibus/ui/gtk/main.py
kernel:         2.6.38.6-27.fc15.x86_64
os_release:     Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)
package:        ibus-1.3.99.20110408-5.fc15
reason:         connection.py:630:call_blocking:DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Can not find engine xkb:layout:in:tel.
time:           Thu Jun  2 00:09:22 2011
uid:            500
username:       phanindra

backtrace:
:connection.py:630:call_blocking:DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Can not find engine xkb:layout:in:tel.
:
:Traceback (most recent call last):
:  File "/usr/share/ibus/ui/gtk/panel.py", line 526, in __im_menu_item_activate_cb
:    self.__focus_ic.set_engine(engine)
:  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ibus/inputcontext.py", line 238, in set_engine
:    return self.__context.SetEngine(engine.name)
:  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in __call__
:    **keywords)
:  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 630, in call_blocking
:    message, timeout)
:DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Can not find engine xkb:layout:in:tel.
:
:Local variables in innermost frame:
:byte_arrays: False
:self: <dbus.connection.Connection object at 0x2934ad0>
:args: (dbus.String(u'xkb:layout:in:tel'),)
:utf8_strings: False
:bus_name: 'org.freedesktop.IBus'
:get_args_opts: {'byte_arrays': False, 'utf8_strings': False}
:object_path: dbus.ObjectPath('/org/freedesktop/IBus/InputContext_1')
:timeout: -1.0
:signature: u's'
:dbus_interface: 'org.freedesktop.IBus.InputContext'
:message: <dbus.lowlevel.MethodCallMessage object at 0x289c9d8>
:method: 'SetEngine'
Comment 1 fujiwara 2011-06-01 21:30:03 EDT
(In reply to comment #0)
> reason:         connection.py:630:call_blocking:DBusException:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Can not find engine xkb:layout:in:tel.
> 
> :    self.__focus_ic.set_engine(engine)
> :  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ibus/inputcontext.py", line 238, in
> set_engine
> :    return self.__context.SetEngine(engine.name)
> 
> :method: 'SetEngine'

I cannot reproduce your problem.
Do you mean the SetEngine error is reported in comment #0 whenever you log into
GNOME desktop?

How about restarting ibus?
1. Right click on ibus panel icon.
2. Choose "Restart" menu item

Are you able to test your GNOME desktop with a new account besides the current
account?
Comment 2 phanindra 2011-06-02 01:56:15 EDT
(In reply to comment #1)
> (In reply to comment #0)
> > reason:         connection.py:630:call_blocking:DBusException:
> > org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Can not find engine xkb:layout:in:tel.
> > 
> > :    self.__focus_ic.set_engine(engine)
> > :  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ibus/inputcontext.py", line 238, in
> > set_engine
> > :    return self.__context.SetEngine(engine.name)
> > 
> > :method: 'SetEngine'
> 
> I cannot reproduce your problem.
> Do you mean the SetEngine error is reported in comment #0 whenever you log into
> GNOME desktop?
> 
> How about restarting ibus?
> 1. Right click on ibus panel icon.
> 2. Choose "Restart" menu item
Did that, no result 
> 
> Are you able to test your GNOME desktop with a new account besides the current
> account?

Yes
Comment 3 fujiwara 2011-06-06 03:53:50 EDT
(In reply to comment #2)
> > How about restarting ibus?
> > 1. Right click on ibus panel icon.
> > 2. Choose "Restart" menu item
> Did that, no result 

I guess you meant you no longer reproduce your problem.
Probably I will close this bug.
Comment 4 phanindra 2011-06-06 05:28:29 EDT
(In reply to comment #3)
> (In reply to comment #2)
> > > How about restarting ibus?
> > > 1. Right click on ibus panel icon.
> > > 2. Choose "Restart" menu item
> > Did that, no result 
> 
> I guess you meant you no longer reproduce your problem.
> Probably I will close this bug.

No. The problm still exist. Sorry If I cudnt make good communication
Comment 5 fujiwara 2011-06-06 21:39:05 EDT
(In reply to comment #4)
> No. The problm still exist. Sorry If I cudnt make good communication

OK, I still cannot reproduce your problem.
Would you tell me the reproducing steps?

If you install compiz-gnome, you can choose either GNOME3 desktop or "Classic GNOME with Compiz" in GDM login manager.
# yum install compiz-gnome

Are you able to reproduce your problem in both GNOME3 and Classic GNOME with Compiz?
Are you always able to reproduce your problem when you log into GNOME desktop?

Do you see any warnings in a terminal when you run ibus-daemon by manual?
#1. Right click on ibus panel icon and choose "Quit".
#2. Run 'ibus-daemon --xim'
Comment 6 phanindra 2011-06-07 04:15:37 EDT
(In reply to comment #5)
> (In reply to comment #4)
> > No. The problm still exist. Sorry If I cudnt make good communication
> 
> OK, I still cannot reproduce your problem.
> Would you tell me the reproducing steps?
> 
> If you install compiz-gnome, you can choose either GNOME3 desktop or "Classic
> GNOME with Compiz" in GDM login manager.
> # yum install compiz-gnome
> 
I'll try this and will get back to you
> Are you able to reproduce your problem in both GNOME3 and Classic GNOME with
> Compiz?
> Are you always able to reproduce your problem when you log into GNOME desktop?
> 
> Do you see any warnings in a terminal when you run ibus-daemon by manual?
> #1. Right click on ibus panel icon and choose "Quit".
> #2. Run 'ibus-daemon --xim'
And Ibus-deamon is not runnig by default it sarts whn I start
Comment 7 phanindra 2011-06-15 01:20:51 EDT
(In reply to comment #5)
> (In reply to comment #4)
> > No. The problm still exist. Sorry If I cudnt make good communication
> 
> OK, I still cannot reproduce your problem.
> Would you tell me the reproducing steps?
> 
Sorry for the late rly
> If you install compiz-gnome, you can choose either GNOME3 desktop or "Classic
> GNOME with Compiz" in GDM login manager.
> # yum install compiz-gnome
>
> Are you able to reproduce your problem in both GNOME3 and Classic GNOME with
> Compiz?
> Are you always able to reproduce your problem when you log into GNOME desktop?
> 
I tried same problem in that too 
> Do you see any warnings in a terminal when you run ibus-daemon by manual?
> #1. Right click on ibus panel icon and choose "Quit".
> #2. Run 'ibus-daemon --xim'

No no errors while I started ibus in terminal
Comment 8 fujiwara 2011-06-15 01:55:43 EDT
(In reply to comment #7)
> (In reply to comment #5)
> > (In reply to comment #4)
> > > No. The problm still exist. Sorry If I cudnt make good communication
> > 
> > OK, I still cannot reproduce your problem.
> > Would you tell me the reproducing steps?
> > 
> Sorry for the late rly

So would you tell me the reproducing steps?
Comment 9 phanindra 2011-06-15 02:00:13 EDT
(In reply to comment #8)
> (In reply to comment #7)
> > (In reply to comment #5)
> > > (In reply to comment #4)
> > > > No. The problm still exist. Sorry If I cudnt make good communication
> > > 
> > > OK, I still cannot reproduce your problem.
> > > Would you tell me the reproducing steps?
> > > 
> > Sorry for the late rly
> 
> So would you tell me the reproducing steps?

1.Start the ibus-daemon
2.open gedit or any text-editor
3.Press control + space

After doing thi I have got notification that ibus has crashed
Comment 10 fujiwara 2011-06-15 03:21:37 EDT
(In reply to comment #9)
> 1.Start the ibus-daemon
> 2.open gedit or any text-editor
> 3.Press control + space
> 
> After doing thi I have got notification that ibus has crashed

So you set Telugu as the primary engine with ibus-setup and could see the crash when you typed Control+Space.
I guess you still does not explain your specific steps since I don't see any problems.

How about running ibus xkb engine by manual?

% ibus-daemon --xim &
% ps -ef | grep ibus-engine-xkb
tester   28251 28242  0 16:08 pts/3    00:00:00 /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-xkb --ibus
% kill 28251
% ps -ef | grep ibus-engine-xkb
% /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-xkb --ibus
% env GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus gedit

Do you still see your crash?
Do you see any warning messages from ibus-engine-xkb?
Comment 11 phanindra 2011-06-15 03:48:27 EDT
(In reply to comment #10)
> (In reply to comment #9)
> > 1.Start the ibus-daemon
> > 2.open gedit or any text-editor
> > 3.Press control + space
> > 
> > After doing thi I have got notification that ibus has crashed
> 
> So you set Telugu as the primary engine with ibus-setup and could see the crash
> when you typed Control+Space.
> I guess you still does not explain your specific steps since I don't see any
> problems.
> 
> How about running ibus xkb engine by manual?
> 
Hey its working but still have a problem. I executed these commands and 
> % ibus-daemon --xim &
when I typed this 
> % ps -ef | grep ibus-engine-xkb
I got
500       4040  4002  0 13:04 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto ibus-engine-xkb
so "ibus-engine-xkb" is not runnig so I exectued 
" ps -ef | grep ibus-engine" this command
and I got
500       4024  4015  0 13:04 pts/0    00:00:00 /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n --ibus
500       4054  4002  0 13:05 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto ibus-engine

So when I start ibus it is executing /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n which is not working instead of /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-xkb

Then I manually executed 
"./usr/libexec/ibus-engine-xkb"

Now everything is working and the ibus is runnig as demon but when I restarts it is executing /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n again which I dont want
so tell me how to change this or is it a bug?
> tester   28251 28242  0 16:08 pts/3    00:00:00 /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-xkb
> --ibus
> % kill 28251
> % ps -ef | grep ibus-engine-xkb
> % /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-xkb --ibus
> % env GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus gedit
> 
> Do you still see your crash?
> Do you see any warning messages from ibus-engine-xkb?
Comment 12 phanindra 2011-06-15 03:59:49 EDT
Hey I restarted the ibus-engine-xkb and I am getting this error and ibus not working

/usr/libexec/ibus-engine-xkb 

(ibus-engine-xkb:4268): IBUS-CRITICAL **: ibus_factory_new: assertion `G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

(ibus-engine-xkb:4268): IBUS-CRITICAL **: ibus_factory_add_engine: assertion `IBUS_IS_FACTORY (factory)' failed

(ibus-engine-xkb:4268): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(ibus-engine-xkb:4268): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

(ibus-engine-xkb:4268): IBUS-CRITICAL **: ibus_bus_call_sync: assertion `ibus_bus_is_connected (bus)' failed
Comment 13 phanindra 2011-06-15 04:07:35 EDT
I tried runnig ibus-deamon and after that ibus working again. 
Sorry for my poor knowledge in this topic I havnt checked tht ibus deamon is running
(In reply to comment #12)
> Hey I restarted the ibus-engine-xkb and I am getting this error and ibus not
> working
> 
> /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-xkb 
> 
> (ibus-engine-xkb:4268): IBUS-CRITICAL **: ibus_factory_new: assertion
> `G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed
> 
> (ibus-engine-xkb:4268): IBUS-CRITICAL **: ibus_factory_add_engine: assertion
> `IBUS_IS_FACTORY (factory)' failed
> 
> (ibus-engine-xkb:4268): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer
> instance
> 
> (ibus-engine-xkb:4268): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data:
> assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
> 
> (ibus-engine-xkb:4268): IBUS-CRITICAL **: ibus_bus_call_sync: assertion
> `ibus_bus_is_connected (bus)' failed
Comment 14 fujiwara 2011-06-15 04:25:47 EDT
(In reply to comment #11)
> " ps -ef | grep ibus-engine" this command
> and I got
> 500       4024  4015  0 13:04 pts/0    00:00:00 /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n
> --ibus

It means your primary engine is m17n.
So I expect your reproducing steps are not accurate.
If you just type Control+Space, I think m17n is enabled.
I guess you choose Telugu xkb engine with mouse on ibus panel icon at first.

You could change the primary engine with 'ibus-setup' command.
If you select [Input Method] tab in ibus-setup, the engine lists are shown and you could set 'Telugu' as primary if you move 'Telugu' engine with 'Up' button.

Then if you run ibus-daemon, ibus-engine-xkb will be executed at first.

> "./usr/libexec/ibus-engine-xkb"

OK but please run ibus-engine-xkb with '--ibus' argument at the moment in order to get your problem exactly.

> Now everything is working and the ibus is runnig as demon but when I restarts
> it is executing /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n again which I dont want
> so tell me how to change this or is it a bug?

I explained this above. I think it's your setting with ibus-setup.
Comment 15 phanindra 2011-06-15 04:51:47 EDT
(In reply to comment #14)
> (In reply to comment #11)
> > " ps -ef | grep ibus-engine" this command
> > and I got
> > 500       4024  4015  0 13:04 pts/0    00:00:00 /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n
> > --ibus
> 
> It means your primary engine is m17n.
> So I expect your reproducing steps are not accurate.
> If you just type Control+Space, I think m17n is enabled.
> I guess you choose Telugu xkb engine with mouse on ibus panel icon at first.
> 
> You could change the primary engine with 'ibus-setup' command.
> If you select [Input Method] tab in ibus-setup, the engine lists are shown and
> you could set 'Telugu' as primary if you move 'Telugu' engine with 'Up' button.
> 
> Then if you run ibus-daemon, ibus-engine-xkb will be executed at first.
> 
> > "./usr/libexec/ibus-engine-xkb"
> 
> OK but please run ibus-engine-xkb with '--ibus' argument at the moment in order
> to get your problem exactly.
> 
> > Now everything is working and the ibus is runnig as demon but when I restarts
> > it is executing /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n again which I dont want
> > so tell me how to change this or is it a bug?
> 
> I explained this above. I think it's your setting with ibus-setup.
Yeah thats working thanks for the help :)
Comment 16 phanindra 2011-06-15 04:58:18 EDT
But I cudnt use pothana, inscript layouts from m17n engine. i want to use them especially pothana is easy to type. I am used to english layout there is only one layput given with xkb engine.
Now, if i switch to pothana layout from panel the ibus is crashing again :(
Comment 17 fujiwara 2011-06-15 22:26:12 EDT
(In reply to comment #16)
> But I cudnt use pothana, inscript layouts from m17n engine. i want to use them
> especially pothana is easy to type. I am used to english layout there is only
> one layput given with xkb engine.
> Now, if i switch to pothana layout from panel the ibus is crashing again :(

I don't reproduce your problem.
Do you have the latest m17n packages?

# rpm -q ibus-m17n
ibus-m17n-1.3.2-3.fc15.x86_64
# rpm -q m17n-lib
m17n-lib-1.6.2-3.fc15.x86_64
# rpm -q m17n-contrib
m17n-contrib-1.1.12-5.fc15.noarch
# rpm -q m17n-db
m17n-db-1.6.2-3.fc15.noarch

How about running ibus-engine-m17n by manual?

% ibus-daemon --xim &
% ps -ef | grep ibus-engine-m17n
tester   29823 28056  /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n --ibus
% kill 29823
% /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n --ibus
% env GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus gedit
Comment 18 phanindra 2011-06-16 04:43:14 EDT
(In reply to comment #17)
> (In reply to comment #16)
> > But I cudnt use pothana, inscript layouts from m17n engine. i want to use them
> > especially pothana is easy to type. I am used to english layout there is only
> > one layput given with xkb engine.
> > Now, if i switch to pothana layout from panel the ibus is crashing again :(
> 
> I don't reproduce your problem.
> Do you have the latest m17n packages?
> 
> # rpm -q ibus-m17n
> ibus-m17n-1.3.2-3.fc15.x86_64
> # rpm -q m17n-lib
> m17n-lib-1.6.2-3.fc15.x86_64
> # rpm -q m17n-contrib
> m17n-contrib-1.1.12-5.fc15.noarch
> # rpm -q m17n-db
> m17n-db-1.6.2-3.fc15.noarch
> 
I have all these packages
> How about running ibus-engine-m17n by manual?
> 
> % ibus-daemon --xim &
> % ps -ef | grep ibus-engine-m17n
since default is xim engine, it showed up and I killed it and started m17n with i bus option
> tester   29823 28056  /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n --ibus
> % kill 29823
> % /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n --ibus
> % env GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus gedit
then I can use pothana script too.
What shall I DO? If I start m17n default its nt working of start xim as default it is nt supporting some scripts.
Is it because --ibus option
tell me how to make it default
Comment 19 fujiwara 2011-06-16 05:32:52 EDT
(In reply to comment #18)
> since default is xim engine, it showed up and I killed it and started m17n with
> i bus option

You could change the primary engine with ibus-setup.

> then I can use pothana script too.
> What shall I DO? If I start m17n default its nt working of start xim as default
> it is nt supporting some scripts.

I don't understand your problem.
Can you give me the remote access of your desktop?
'vino-preferences' can give the access.

> Is it because --ibus option

No, it's not. The argument is always assigned by ibus-daemon.

> tell me how to make it default

You can set any input method engines as default using 'ibus-setup' command.
Comment 20 phanindra 2011-06-16 10:49:35 EDT
(In reply to comment #19)
> (In reply to comment #18)
> > since default is xim engine, it showed up and I killed it and started m17n with
> > i bus option
> 
> You could change the primary engine with ibus-setup.
> 
> > then I can use pothana script too.
> > What shall I DO? If I start m17n default its nt working of start xim as default
> > it is nt supporting some scripts.
> 
> I don't understand your problem.
> Can you give me the remote access of your desktop?
> 'vino-preferences' can give the access.
> 
ok I started vino-preferences what shall I do nxt?
> > Is it because --ibus option
> 
> No, it's not. The argument is always assigned by ibus-daemon.
> 
> > tell me how to make it default
> 
> You can set any input method engines as default using 'ibus-setup' command.
Comment 21 phanindra 2011-06-16 10:51:10 EDT
(In reply to comment #20)
> (In reply to comment #19)
> > (In reply to comment #18)
> > > since default is xim engine, it showed up and I killed it and started m17n with
> > > i bus option
> > 
> > You could change the primary engine with ibus-setup.
> > 
> > > then I can use pothana script too.
> > > What shall I DO? If I start m17n default its nt working of start xim as default
> > > it is nt supporting some scripts.
> > 
> > I don't understand your problem.
> > Can you give me the remote access of your desktop?
> > 'vino-preferences' can give the access.
> > 
> ok I started vino-preferences what shall I do nxt?
> > > Is it because --ibus option
> > 
> > No, it's not. The argument is always assigned by ibus-daemon.
> > 
> > > tell me how to make it default
> > 
> > You can set any input method engines as default using 'ibus-setup' command.
And I am using internet under a firewall which allows only 80 and 443 ports for external connections. I am using TOR as a proxy service but I dont know how to connect to remote clients through TOR
Comment 22 fujiwara 2011-06-19 23:47:02 EDT
(In reply to comment #21)
> And I am using internet under a firewall which allows only 80 and 443 ports for
> external connections. I am using TOR as a proxy service but I dont know how to
> connect to remote clients through TOR

I don't know about TOR, sorry.
Hmm.., maybe I cannot connect to your host if it's under a firewall.
I wonder if you could setup Fedora 15 at home.
Currently I have no idea to reproduce your problem.

I need to know the steps exactly to reproduce your problem.
1. Which pothana (m17n) or Telugu is the default with 'ibus-setup' command?
2. Which pothana (m17n) or Telugu do you choose on the ibus panel icon to get the crash after you run ibus-daemon?

If you could identify which ibus-engine-m17n or ibus-engine-xkb has your problem, it would be get the furthermore info with strace.
E.g. if ibus-engine-m17n has your problem.
1. Back up /usr/share/ibus/component/m17n.xml with root account.
# cp /usr/share/ibus/component/m17n.xml/usr/share/ibus/component/m17n.xml.orig
2. Modify m17n.xml to use strace.
# vi /usr/share/ibus/component/m17n.xml
# diff /usr/share/ibus/component/m17n.xml.orig /usr/share/ibus/component/m17n.xml
6c6
< 	<exec>/usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n --ibus</exec>
---
> 	<exec>/usr/bin/strace /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n --ibus</exec>
3. Run ibus-daemon with your account.

% ibus-daemon --xim --verbose 2>strace.log

% view strace.log

You could modify /usr/share/ibus/component/xkblayout.xml with the similar way if ibus-engine-xkb has your problem.
Comment 23 fujiwara 2011-07-21 21:33:50 EDT
I still cannot reproduce your problem.
It would be great if you could find the special case.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 707370 ***

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.