Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 723084
RFE: bookmarkable messages
Last modified: 2013-11-26 22:35:39 EST
Description of problem:
The messages should be book-markable for easy access and enable various functionalities like: go to last editing place.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Just write down what I remember from previous meetings and what I encounter so far:
* We don't want to push to history for every translation unit navigation (to avoid spamming browser history stack). It will have a button or something on each row. If user clicks it then it will push to history and available for user to bookmark.
Concern 1: once user open that bookmark, it should select the row. But after that if things changed, i.e. selecting a different row or start using message filter which in result changes history url and trans unit table, the bookmarked text flow is no longer valid. Should we remove it from url/history?
Concern 2: bookmarked text flow may become obsolete. What do we do with those ones. Notify user the bookmark is no longer valid? Ignore the process and select first row of table?
committed into master:
It can now load from bookmark. On each row in editor, there is also a icon next to trans unit details bar to allow user to bookmark a particular row.
If the bookmarked text flow become invalid, it will ignore it for now.
Verified in 2.3-SNAPSHOT (20130403-1306).
(From pahuang's email)
1. In editor, bookmark a message that is on current page and remember it.
2. Go to project search page and search a term that will return the bookmarked message as result.
3. Click the edit icon in search result table for that message
Tested with Zanata version 2.3.2-SNAPSHOT (20130506-1140)
Occasionally, multiple cursors blinking in different rows, yet none got input focus.
Steps to reproduce:
Use Project Hibernate Core, document "content/events" as example.
1. In editor, find a string that appears in multiple messages.
2. Move the cursor to the message that has the string. (e.g 1st row)
3. Switch "project-wide search & replace" mode, and search "Interceptors"
4. Click "edit" icon on the 1st match in document "content/events"
That will lead to the 1st row.
5. Switch "project-wide search & replace" mode again.
6. Click "edit" icon on the 2nd match in document "content/events"
That will lead to the 3rd row.
Both 1st and 3rd row have cursors. But none of them respond to keypress.
3rd row has cursor and input focus.
revert the optimization
Code mirror does not play nice in this optimization. Reload the editor will solve the problem.
Comment 6 cherry picked into release:
VERIFIED with Zanata version 2.3.2-SNAPSHOT (20130508-1032)
and Zanata version 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT (20130508-1233)
Testing 2.3.2, I just got two cursors again:
1. Search for 'a'
2. "View in editor"
3. Press Alt-Down to move down to the second row
Result: two blinking cursors instead of one.
Committed into release and merged to master:
VERIFIED with Zanata version 2.3.3-SNAPSHOT (20130521-0020) and Zanata version 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT (20130521-0035)
Closing VERIFIED bugs for Zanata versions <= 3.1.