Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 727869
Configuration History times out when there are many resources.
Last modified: 2013-08-05 20:40:26 EDT
For example, in the performance environment, it took 15 seconds to show the configuration history when there were many resources inventoried.
Created attachment 520448 [details]
The attached patch fixes this issue by making AbstractConfigurationUpdate.configuration LAZY, rather than EAGER, fetch. With the change, the subsystem config history list view now loads in around 3 seconds. Since the change required significant refactoring of code which expected the configuration field to be eagerly fetched, we will hold off committing it until after the imminent RHQ 4.1 and JON 3.0 Beta releases.
Note, I tested that all of the config-related views in the GUI still work and that all domain and server-jar unit tests still pass. I still need to test:
1) CLI integration tests still pass
2) resource-config-changed alerts still work
Note: Make sure to provide detailed test steps for QE.
The patch has been merged in - [master 8368e38].
QE, please test that the following views load quickly and do not have any regressions:
1) resource Configuration > History subtab - list and detail views
2) resource Inventory > Connection Settings subtab
3) resource Inventory > Connection Settings History subtab
4) group Configuration > History subtab - list and detail views
5) group Inventory > Connection Settings subtab
6) group Inventory > Connection Settings History subtab
7) Reports > Configuration History subsystem view
Make sure each of the views contains at least one history item so you can test that it is loaded correctly.
Please also test that resource-configuration-changed alerts still work correctly.
While verifying the resource Inventory > Connection Settings History subtab, encountered an exception in server log. Filed a separate bug:
marking VERIFIED BZs to CLOSED/CURRENTRELEASE
changing status of VERIFIED BZs for JON 2.4.2 and JON 3.0 to CLOSED/CURRENTRELEASE