Created attachment 524033 [details]
* Corrupt non-master domain by echo 1 > metadata.
* Try to activate the domain.
* VDSM returns error 304 (Cannot find master domain) even though the pool has an active master.
I suspect this flow has changed due to bug 737329. would you reproduce this with vdsm-4.9-104 ?
Daniel, please also describe the effects of this on RHEV-M; I would like to consider if this is a 3.0 blocker.
I opened it on 4.9-96 by mistake. I'm seeing this problem on 4.9-101, which is post bug #737329.
What I'm seeing in RHEVM is a pop-up dialog that with the exact same text as shown in vdsm.log - "Cannot find master domain / Error 304".
It's a more general bug than we thought, so we should consider fixing it as early as possible:
* Domain doesn't have to be data - can be export, ISO, etc.
* Domain doesn't have to be corrupt - can be simply unreachable.
* Effect on RHEVM - forces SPM re-election even though there's nothing wrong, because the error code indicates a master problem that doesn't really exist.
In the ovirt-3.1 branch as: ed335f1884e56b57c26c96db3d49af06bd665f06
Checked on upstream.