Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 742367
kaddressbook shows scrambled contact names
Last modified: 2011-10-27 13:09:55 EDT
Description of problem:
The names of contacts are completely scrambled (look like this: cHwFcECZ56) and when clicking on such a contact, kaddressbook crashes
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
I have set up kde resources to use a kde addressbook vcf file and akonadi created a contacts resource.
I am now using kde-4.7.2 and it is still scrambled.
I removed the KDE Resources and linked it back to the default setting, since I don't think these old KDE Resources seem to be used.
I set up the Akonadi Resource to use a vcf file for my contacts and Akonadi appears to be set up correctly. Yet...
Kaddressbook is scrambled in kde-4.7.2, still!
I just deleted the Akonadi Contacts resource and created a new resource using a vcf file. A new Akonadi resource was created, called address.vcf. When I open kaddressbook, I have a resource listed and in dolphin I can see that the file is being rewritten each time I open kaddressbook, as there is a new time stamp on the file.
However, instead of having scrambled names, now there are no names at all. It is entirely blank, yet the vcf file is a human readable text tile that displays correctly in kwrite.
I strongly suspect the dup, feel free to re-open if issues persist after applying the update.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 749618 ***