Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 75175
terminfo 'linux' is incorrect in RH 8.0
Last modified: 2006-02-21 13:49:45 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)
Description of problem:
When running 'make menuconfig' from the source directory (/usr/src/linux-2.4),
the display is not set for the correct terminal. Running EXPORT shows
TERM=linux. I took a RH Linux 7.3 machine, copied the terminfo file 'linux' to
the new machine as linux-old, set the TERM varible to linux-old, and re-ran
the 'make menuconfig' and everything looked correct. Something is definitely
messed up in the new terminfo file 'linux'.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.run 'make menuconfig'
Actual Results: Garbled text output to the console.
Expected Results: Correct text output, allowing my geeky self to fine tune
I tried this on two different machines, one with an NVidia card and one with an
OLD SiS card (to make sure that it isn't something weird with the AGP driver,
or frame buffer). Both produced the same results on a stock RH 8.0 install.
This would require using the wide-character ncursesw library. (I just spent a couple of minutes to tweak the lxdialog makefile to use it).
wide-character ncursesw provided with ncurses-5.3-1
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 77585 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.