Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 756107
[abrt] libreoffice-calc-22.214.171.124-7.fc15: ImplServerFontEntry::HandleFontOptions killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Last modified: 2012-01-10 09:38:21 EST
abrt version: 2.0.3
cmdline: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/scalc.bin -calc file:///home/milan/Nanterre/Notes.ods
comment: I tried starting Slideshow mode on a .pptx presentation I had just saved successfully.
os_release: Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)
reason: Process /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/scalc.bin was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
time: Tue Nov 22 18:04:54 2011
backtrace: Text file, 84251 bytes
dso_list: Text file, 32260 bytes
maps: Text file, 113081 bytes
:'GJS_DEBUG_TOPICS=JS ERROR;JS LOG'
:Nov 22 18:04:54 milan kernel: [459092.747610] scalc.bin: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00007fffe1c81918 error 14 in scalc.bin[400000+2000]
:Nov 22 18:05:05 milan abrt: saved core dump of pid 13779 (/usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/scalc.bin) to /var/spool/abrt/ccpp-2011-11-22-18:04:54-13779.new/coredump (292696064 bytes)
Created attachment 535127 [details]
Created attachment 535128 [details]
Created attachment 535129 [details]
crashing line is mpServerFont->SetFontOptions( mpFontOptions ); but we check for null mpServerFont earlier, so non trivial to see why this might crash.
Is there a particular document which crashed when you opened it ?, is so could you attach it here. i.e. the saved .pptx
Created attachment 535454 [details]
Document I was editing when the crash happened
Here's the file, but the crash doesn't happen when I open it. It happened when I tried to show the slideshow.
I think something bigger was going on: the .pptx was looking good when I saved it (3 minutes after the crash), then the crash happened, and when I reopened it it was in the state you can see now. So the saved version doesn't contain what I was seeing when the crash happened.
The most interesting thing is that, before the crash, when I was editing slides masks, the fonts wouldn't change (size and family) on the screen. But they were changed in the background: after closing the masks, the slides had the correct font. The good news is, I'm able to reproduce that part of the problem: you just need to open the file I'm going to attach, and to edit the masks. That file comes from PowerPoint 2007.
Created attachment 535456 [details]
PowerPoint 2007 file which is broken when editing masks
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 761009 ***