Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 803690
Scalability Testing: Single user logged in can see pages paint if conductor database is loaded up with users, deployments, images
Last modified: 2012-12-04 09:58:54 EST
Description of problem:
- Loaded up the conductor database with 500+ users
- Built and pushed 20 images to the mock provider
- In a few concurrent sessions, launched 318 instances to the mock provider
- Cleared browser cookies and cache
- Logged in as a single admin user
- Then could see the conductor pages paint as they were accessed
- - Log in to up to 10 seconds (see screenshot)
- - Monitor page took a while to render completely (see screenshot)
- With 40 users logged in to this one instance of conductor, the times to access pages are almost equivalent to those seen for 120+ users accessing pages in more lightly populated conductor. Times for the last users to access the conductor/pools (monitor)page are copied below:
917 18:43:13.597 instance launch group 2-8 /conductor/pools 640154
918 18:43:13.597 instance launch group 2-20 /conductor/pools 640269
919 18:43:13.598 instance launch group 2-24 /conductor/pools 641425
920 18:43:13.598 instance launch group 2-10 /conductor/pools 641485
rpm -qa |grep aeolus
Created attachment 570279 [details]
Waiting for log in
Created attachment 570280 [details]
Waiting for Monitor page to paint
Created attachment 570281 [details]
Waiting for Monitor page to paint - larger number of instances
Can you please check whether the pagination patch you're working on helps with this?
Yes, that patch will also fix this one.
The pagination patch for BZ #802772 has been pushed to master so the performance of page loading should be better too.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.