Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 810079
Handle failures of open fd migration from old graph to new graph
Last modified: 2013-12-18 19:07:51 EST
Description of problem:
After a graph switch from old graph to new graph, all the open fd's corresponding to the old graph must be opened freshly on the new graph. If the open fails, the error is not handled. Hence, any other operations are still allowed to proceed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open a file, then acquire a lock on the file
2. Execute a volume set command that will change the graph, like volume quota vol enable/disable
3. Acquire another lock on same fd from the same application on the same range. It will fail. Which means that the fd is in bad state because the owner of the lock that is being requested is this fd, hence the lock must have been granted.
4. Perform any other operation like read, write etc on the fd they will succeed.
5. Happens only when there is a graph switch.
File operations succeed.
File operations should return EBADFD error
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 809919 ***