Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 81044
htsearch only outputs up to a 4k boundary.
Last modified: 2015-03-04 20:11:48 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20021003
Description of problem:
htsearch(part of htdig) only outputs to apache or redirected to a file up to the
nearest 4K boundary. I.e. If I run htsearch from a shell prompt I get 11K of
complete output, if I do the same search redirecting to a file or piping to
another command(more), I only get 8K of output. This is the same behavior with
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
2.put in search words
3.put in output form
Actual Results: will attach actual output as actual.html
Expected Results: will attach expected output as expected.html
Created attachment 89103 [details]
This is the actual output from htsearch when redirected to a file.
This is the actual output from htsearch when redirected to a file or executed
Created attachment 89104 [details]
This is the expected output from htsearch.
This is the expected output from htsearch or when you run htsearch from the
Created attachment 89105 [details]
htdig.conf file used
This is the configuration file associated with htsearch.
Im having the same problem as this user. This is a summary of an email I sent
$ /var/www/cgi-bin/htsearch "words=wordname"
I copied the output manually and pasted it to a file named 'firstout'.
$ ls -al firstout
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9292 May 28 15:48 firstout
Now I am attempting this with a pipe:
$ /var/www/cgi-bin/htsearch "words=wordname" > secondout
$ ls -al secondout
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8192 May 28 15:49 secondout
$ /var/www/cgi-bin/htsearch -vv "words=wordname" > thirdout
$ ls -al thirdout
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7006 May 28 15:53 thirdout
As you can see the filesize shrinks when I add more debugging info. It seems
htsearch has a problem when it sends the data through a pipe.
I downloaded the source for the latest Htdig and it had the exact same
problem. Whenever I run htdig from the command line with a pipe then the
above results will occur again.
I went back to the latest stable release (3.1.6) and compiled it. It worked
like a charm.
I do not understand why Redhat is releasing a beta copy of htdig with AS 2.1.
I thought the whole purpose for AS 2.1 was to have solid stable software...
Seeing the same issue here with 2.1AS and htdig 3.2x, with the addition of
failing searches producing an HTTP 500 error (see bug 100461).
I've downgraded htdig now for our next enterprise product again and i'm thinking
about doing a htdig-3.1.6 errata for AS2.1, too, but that might take some time
(we're pretty busy with the next enterprise product atm ;-).
If you want to you can give htdig-3.1.6-3 from Rawhide a try (rebuild from SRPM,
of course). If time permits i'll do a AS2.1 package and put it on
people.redhat.com in the next few days.
Read ya, Phil
*** Bug 89046 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 100461 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
OK, an AS2.1 update request has been opened via bugzilla:
Read ya, Phil
An errata has been issued which should help the problem described in this bug report.
This report is therefore being closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files, please follow the link below. You may reopen
this bug report if the solution does not work for you.