Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 823525
Component Description, Assignee and QA Contact don't match the selected Component
Last modified: 2014-10-12 18:48:09 EDT
Description of problem:
When I select a component the mentioned fields are filled with values that belong to the component that is just after the selected one.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. go to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=JBoss%20Enterprise%20BRMS%20Platform%205
2. select '3rd Party' component
The description is 'Business Rules Engine' which matches the next component in the list. Assignee and QA Contact fields are also pre-filled with wrong values. This happens with all the components and in other projects too.
The description, assignee and QA contact fields should be pre-filled with the correct values for the selected component
*** Bug 823849 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Will be fixed in the next release.
This change is now live.
*** Bug 824071 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I had this happen for a bug I filed after the date in comment #4.
See https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=824454 - it originally got assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=824874, assigned to 'email@example.com' by default.
(In reply to comment #6)
> I had this happen for a bug I filed after the date in comment #4.
I cannot seem to reproduce this error any more, at least the same error that this bug originally fixed.
The only thing I can suggest is the user of bug 824454 and bug 824874 loaded the Enter Bug page before this fix went into place, and submitted the bug afterwards (which meant the bug would still have existed when the submitted the bug).
This bug is still not fixed. I've got new bug few minutes ago, that has wrong assignee and QA contact. It's bug 825664.
Or it might be separate issue, since I'm getting assigned only kernel bugs from Dell.
Gireesha, can you tell us, how did you entered last couple of bugs (e.g. 825664, 825619, 825610 etc.)
(In reply to comment #9)
> This bug is still not fixed. I've got new bug few minutes ago, that has
> wrong assignee and QA contact. It's bug 825664.
Or it might be separate
> issue, since I'm getting assigned only kernel bugs from Dell.
> you tell us, how did you entered last couple of bugs (e.g. 825664, 825619,
> 825610 etc.)
All these are feature requests for RHEL 6.4, looks like Bugzilla tool has a issue, so it's assigned to wrong person, We don't select the assignee field when we file feature/Bug. i think Red Hat can answer this.
Gireesha: Did you use the web UI, or make an RPC call? If the web UI, what browser are you using? Is it possible for you to upload the page source of the enter bug page (the one where you enter the bug details)?
If you were using an RPC call, what is the name of the call?
Radek: I cannot replicate the issue. I created bug 825709 from my normal (non-Red Hat) account for RHEL 6's kernel component, and it was assigned to the correct owner / qa contact.
If someone can give me definitive steps on how to reproduce this error, I'll be able to fix it faster. This was definitely a problem before 4.2.1-1.2 was released last week.
(In reply to comment #11)
> If someone can give me definitive steps on how to reproduce this error, I'll
> be able to fix it faster. This was definitely a problem before 4.2.1-1.2 was
> released last week.
(In reply to comment #12)
> Can the browser cache be a factor here? After all, the functionality is
I think there is something wrong with mapping internal Bugzilla user identifiers to e-mail addresses.
See history of bug #824205 <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_activity.cgi?id=824205>. The bug has always been assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org (the component owner), but somehow different assignee has started to be presented in the public interface and the unlucky guy had to reassign the bug report. There is on reassignment from correct to wrong user in the history listing.
It seems that using AJAX to set the values isn't working with 100% accuracy. With the next release (4.2.1-1.6) we'll go back to the 3.6 way of assigning the default assignee, qa contact and default CC:es for products with more than 200 components, which will solve this problem (hopefully).
As mentioned in comment 15, we are going back to the old way of doing things when a product has more than 200 components. This should hopefully fix the problem.
Red Hat Bugzilla 4.2.1-1.6 was released a few minutes ago.