Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 826493
Group without members with unknown status appears in every availabilty search result
Last modified: 2013-09-11 07:03:26 EDT
Description of problem:
Created a group of resources and then removed all member resources from the group. when trying the group search criteria for availability=up and others such as availability=disabled and availability=down, the search result display the group without members having unknown status in group list view.
Please refer the attached screenshot.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Version: 3.1.0.CR1 Build Number: 4bc4270:1b85993
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a compatible or mixed group of resources
2. Remove all members from the group (Groups Inventory tab->Update membershitp button->Unassign all member resources->Save)
3. Observe the group has unknown status.
4. Navigate to Inventory->Groups->All groups.
5. Enter search criteria as availability=up in search bar and press 'Enter'.
6. The search results display the group with unknown status in group list view.
7. Repeat the search criteria as availability=down, availability=disabled.
8. The search results display the group with unknown status in group list view.
The group without members and with unknown status appear in availability search criterias for up, down and disabled.
The group without members and with unknown status should not appear in availability search criterias for up, down and disabled.
Created attachment 587682 [details]
As per 6/4/12 triage, target for jon311
jon3.1.1 commit id: 2bf05ba
Eliminated the superfluous empty groups as unknown status in availability searches.
Cherry picked from RHQ Master commit id: 1555257
RHQ BZ: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=845389
Moving to ON_QA since JON 3.1.1 ER2 build is availble - https://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/buildinfo?buildID=228250
Moving back to ON_DEV because of bug 848893 which was introduced as part of the work for this bug.
jon3.1.x commit id: 30359bc
Talked with jsanda and agreed it should be in here although [BZ 848893] sits on top of this one and corrects additional functionality.
Verified on Version: 3.1.1.ER3 Build Number: 37108ca:67c6de8