Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 845389
Group without members with unknown status appears in every availabilty search result
Last modified: 2015-02-01 18:28:19 EST
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #826493 +++
Description of problem:
Created a group of resources and then removed all member resources from the group. when trying the group search criteria for availability=up and others such as availability=disabled and availability=down, the search result display the group without members having unknown status in group list view.
Please refer the attached screenshot.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Version: 3.1.0.CR1 Build Number: 4bc4270:1b85993
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a compatible or mixed group of resources
2. Remove all members from the group (Groups Inventory tab->Update membershitp button->Unassign all member resources->Save)
3. Observe the group has unknown status.
4. Navigate to Inventory->Groups->All groups.
5. Enter search criteria as availability=up in search bar and press 'Enter'.
6. The search results display the group with unknown status in group list view.
7. Repeat the search criteria as availability=down, availability=disabled.
8. The search results display the group with unknown status in group list view.
The group without members and with unknown status appear in availability search criterias for up, down and disabled.
The group without members and with unknown status should not appear in availability search criterias for up, down and disabled.
--- Additional comment from email@example.com on 2012-05-30 07:02:38 EDT ---
Created attachment 587682 [details]
--- Additional comment from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-06-11 10:51:01 EDT ---
As per 6/4/12 triage, target for jon311
master commit id: 1555257
Eliminated the superfluous empty groups as unknown status in availability searches.
Bulk closing of items that are on_qa and in old RHQ releases, which are out for a long time and where the issue has not been re-opened since.