From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030210
Description of problem:
During installation my graphic card and monitor are detected (Nvidia Geforce4 -
HP L1720 TFT), but when the installer enters the graphic mode my TFT goes blank
with the warning "Refreshrate to high".
The TFT screen is connected on the DVI output of my GeForce4.
I've also started the setup with linux noddc and linux lowres. Same result: my
TFT goes blank with the warning "Refreshrate to high".
Workaround: I started the installer in text mode. After the installation I
edited the /etc/X11/XF86Config file and replaced the nv driver with the vesa driver.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start installation
2. choose normal installation, linux noddc or linux lowres
3. monitor and graphic card get correctly detected
Actual Results: installer enters graphical mode -> monitor goes blank
Expected Results: The nv driver should have detected the TFT and set the
refreshrate between 60 and 75 Hz
Creative Geforce 4 Ti 4400
HP L1720 TFT panel DVI
We do not have access to Nvidia's proprietary hardware specifications,
and are unable to work on this driver directly. Please report your problem
to email@example.com and the "nv" driver maintainer should see the bug
report, and propose a solution.
Closing bug as defered to the upstream driver maintainer. (UPSTREAM)
I'm processing UPSTREAM flagged bug reports for upstream fixes currently, and
noticed that this bug was flagged upstream but has no upstream bug URL, and I
was unable to find an upstream bug report of this issue in XFree86 bugzilla
Closing bug report as WONTFIX as I'm unable to track upstream until a bug
report has been filed upstream, and the URL provided for tracking. If this
issue is still relevant in the latest XFree86 packages in rawhide, after
reporting upstream at http://bugs.xfree86.org, feel free to add the bug
report URL to this report and reopen if you'd like the issue to be tracked
and any fixes from upstream investigated for inclusion in future Red Hat
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 88360 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.