Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 849359
traceback at Configure new connection: nm-connection-editor: no such file or directory
Last modified: 2012-08-20 04:50:03 EDT
Created attachment 605371 [details]
anaconda-tb-* traceback and debuginfo
Description of problem: Installer aborts with traceback when user tries to Configure the only network connection, where the network cable was just plugged in for the first time but has already received a DHCP assignment.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: every time (2 of 2 so far)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Establish an isolated machine: unplug all network cables, turn off Wifi, etc.
2. boot Fedora 18-Alpha-TC3 netinst.iso (i686) from DVD, accept default boot parameters (Test this media & install/update Fedora), accept default Language (US English), accept installer Fate.
3. Wait for request "We'll need network access ..." showing network cable unplugged.
4. Plug in network cable; wait 3 seconds to be recognized, 2 seconds for DHCP.
5. Click the Configure button.
Actual results: unexpected error abort with traceback
Expected results: Configuration screen with no error, no traceback.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 849056 ***