Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 856678
[remote-viever] Zooming in beyond normal size with vdagent on guest is broken
Last modified: 2013-11-07 09:07:45 EST
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #845517 +++
Description of problem:
Connecting to a VM with vdagent running and trying to zoom in beyoned normal size results in a frantic behaviour where the window tries to resize itself, and vdagent tries to fit the new window size. After a few iterations virt-viewer window ends up smaller, guests resolution decreases, and vdagent wins by keeping 1:1 pixel ratio
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Connect to a VM with vdagent
2. Increase guests resolution at least 1280x720
2. Zoom In
Virt-viewer windows increases its size, VM retains its original resolution
sent a proposed fix on the ML
I can reproduce this issue with:
1. Install a RHEL6.3 guest with gnome.
2. Make sure guest has spice+qxl graphic devices and spicevmc channel exists.
3. Start the guest and make sure spice-vdagentd service is running in guest.
4. Run virt-viewer $guestname.
5. Increase guests resolution at least 1280x720
6. Zoom In,try to zoom in beyoned normal size,Virt-viewer windows increases its size, VM retains its original resolution.(repeat several times)
Step6 works well,so change the status of the bug to VERIFIED.
*** Bug 872681 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.