Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 861190
[rfe] Additional clarification in tooltip for syntax requirement when searching for specific errata.
Last modified: 2017-02-23 16:20:37 EST
Description of problem:
When searching for the exact name of an errata, i.e., RHSA-2010:0842, user is required to put this in full quotes, i.e., "RHSA-2010:0842". That is fine, however, the tooltip for Errata in content search is not clear in noting that the quotes are required.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Sync a bunch of RHEL content (i.e., 6Server system rpms)
2. Content > Content Search > (Content type: Errata)
3. In the errata field, hover over the tooltip. Note the indication for required text format (see forthcoming screenshot)
4. Enter an errata in the search field per the tooltips (i.e., RHSA-2010:0842) and hit return; view results
5. Enter an errata in the search field per the tooltips (i.e., "RHSA-2010:0842" -- with quotes) and hit return; view results
The former returns no results; the latter returns results.
I think it's perfectly fine for the former to return no results -- all those non alpha characters may well wreak havoc with search. However, the tooltip makes no mention of the quotes being required. We need to make sure that is clear in the tooltip.
Created attachment 618229 [details]
This has been invalidated by the introduction of errata management as errata has been removed as an item from content search.
Search with autocomplete works fine in the new UI -> Content -> Errata - For example, I can search for id = RHSA-2015:0674 and it worked fine.
This bug is slated to be released with Satellite 6.1.
This bug was fixed in version 6.1.1 of Satellite which was released on 12 August, 2015.