Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 870015
Sometimes both hiragana mode *and* katakana are selected in the ibus-anthy menu in the gnome panel
Last modified: 2012-10-25 21:15:06 EDT
Tested on: Fedora-18-Beta-TC6-x86_64-netinst.iso
ibus-anthy version: ibus-anthy-22.214.171.12421006-1.fc18.x86_64
Steps to reproduce:
- After installation in Japanese, log in to Gnome.
- Select the Anthy input method in the Gnome panel
- Open the “入力モード(あ)” menu of Anthy in the input method
menu in the Gnome panel
- Now one can see a white bullet in front of ひらがな
which means hiragana input mode is selected, which is the default.
→ see screenshot 1.
- In the menu, click on 地域と言語の設定 (region and language settings)
- Select the tab 入力ソース (input sources)
- Select the 日本語 (Anthy) input method.
- Click on the icon with the wrench and the screwdriver at the bottom
to open the setup tool for Anthy.
- Switch the 入力モード to カタカナ (switch the input mode to katakana)
- Click on 適用 (apply) at the bottom.
→ see screenshot 2.
Now a popup says:
に ibus を再起動してください。
[ OK(O) ]
(By the way, maybe it is not nice that there is no way to restart
ibus from the menu now as in f17, one needs to use the command line,
maybe not every user knows how to restart ibus from the command line)
- Click OK to close the popup
- Click OK to close the Anthy setup
- Close the region and language settings dialog.
- Switch input method to “en” (英語(US)), i.e. US English keyboard
- type “ibus restart” in a terminal
- Switch input method to 日本語 (Anthy) again in the panel
- Now a ア appears in the panel, indicating that katakana input mode
is used as requested above in the setting.
- type something in the terminal to verify that katakana appears
- Click on the input method selector in the panel again, in
the menu which opens, open the “入力モード(ア)” menu of Anthy
- Now one can see that *both* ひらがな *and* カタカナ have a white
bullet in front
→ see screenshot 3.
This is the bug.
- try to select hiragana input again by clicking on ひらがな in the menu.
- type something, the input mode is still katakana
Workaround to switch to Hiragana:
- Click on one of the other input modes except ひらがな and カタカナ,
for example 半角カタカナ. Now the panel shows
I.e. it was possible to select 半角カタカナ mode.
- type something to verify that the input is really in
- Open the input method menu in the panel again.
- Open the 入力モード(_ｱ) menu again.
- Now one can see that there is a white bullet *only* in
front of 半角カタカナ
- Now it is possible to switch back to ひらがな input mode.
Created attachment 633275 [details]
The 3 screenshots mentioned in comment#0.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 865671 ***
Workaround: click both menu items and clear the radio status.