Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 875991
anaconda gets stuck in STORAGE: INSTALLATION DESTINATION (sometimes) selecting two disks the second time
Last modified: 2012-11-19 10:31:01 EST
Description of problem:
There are still some possibilities for anaconda to get stuck, this is one of them, and it does not happen always!
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
0. Use default language and 'accept fate'
1. DO NOT wait for SOFTWARE to finalize setting the INSTALLATION SOURCE & SOFTWARE SELECTION
2. Enter STORAGE: INSTALLATION DESTINATION
3. Select the two disks (one xp, one dynamic disk)
4. Do automatic partitioning, default type (LVM)
5. Set to 'delete' the boot ntfs partition and 'reclaim space'
6. Enter STORAGE: INSTALLATION DESTINATION again
7. Select both disks again and 'continue'
8. <SOMETIMES> anaconda GETs STUCK, with ESC one can DE-STUCK it, but one will not advance past this 'stuck horizon'.
sometimes anaconda gets stuck
the guest has two disks, one ntfs boot and a dynamic disk.
other guests do also stuck, but i will report each stuck condition as soon as i can reproduce them more than two times.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 867770 ***