Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 877586
System Set Configuration Channel Subscription Does not Allow Ranking
Last modified: 2013-03-06 13:34:04 EST
Description of problem:
When I attempt to subscribe a system set to one or more configuration channels, the "Step 2: Rank Channels for Subscription." page does not list any channels to allow me to rank them. The priority options (Subscribe With Lowest Priority, Subscribe With Highest Priority, Replace Existing Subscriptions) have no apparent effect either.
The channels are added to the subscription list, but they are sorted according to their ccid numbers, as best I can tell, no matter which order I add them. I tried adding my preferred channel first and last, but it still ranks the one with the lower ID number as rank 1.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add two configuration channels
2. Create a system set of two or more systems
3. Click "Manage" > "Manage systems' config channel subscriptions"
4. Select two channels or select one channel and repeat steps 3 - 5 for 2 different channels.
5. Note that step 2 has no options in the list box, select any radio button and continue.
6. Go to one of the systems > Configuration > Manage Configuration Channels
7. Note the ranks of the channels, always the same.
The ranks of the channels will always be sorted by CCID.
The UI should allow ranking the channels at step 2 and should honor the radio button selection.
If I add the channels manually to a system, or rank them later, I can do so properly, but only with one system at a time.
This was resolved within Bug 868884. Moving to MODIFIED.
Marking bug as ON_QA since tonight's build of Spacewalk nightly is a release candidate for Spacewalk 1.9.
Spacewalk 1.9 has been released.