Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 878300
Include configuring a datasource for EAP6
Last modified: 2013-03-05 23:45:54 EST
Installing BRMS 5.3.1 to EAP6 requires the default data must be changed. Details need to be included in the BRMS admin guide.
just a few comments:
- typo in procedure 2.4 step 1: there should be jboss-eap-6.0/modules/org/mysql/ instead of jboss-eap-6.0/modules.org/mysql/ (slash vs dot)
- 2.4.2: instead of downloading latest jdbc driver, users should download driver corresponding to the database version they have chosen (e.g. postresql 8 vs postgresql 9)
- 2.4.5: badly formatted XML listing; drivers section contains both h2 and postgressql, I am not sure if the h2 should be there
- 2.4.5: missing slash between 'standalone' and 'configuration'
- 2.4.6 and 2.4.7: inconsistencies in datasource name, brmsDS should be used everywhere instead of brms or DefaultDS.
- the datasource name should be probably prefixed with java:jboss/datasources (e.g. java:jboss/datasources/brmsDS), but I need to verify this.
typo in 2.4 step 1 fixed.
2.4.2, Fixed (Right, I was thinking latest for their version, but you're absolutely correct, your way gets the point across clearer).
I follow up on the h2 and postgresql issue. I did fix the missing slash though.
Inconsistencies with the db name have been fixed.
I'll post an updated when I have the h2 and postgresql info.
The h2 driver is not required. I have removed references to it from the example.
I'll post a link as soon as the updated doc is on the internal stage and available for review.
thanks for quick response and fix! I just read the docs again and found few more things that probably need fixing (I am sorry I did not notice some of them the first time):
2.4.3: typo: create -> Create
2.4.7: "and the hbm2ddl.auto value to create:"; there should be "...value to update", right?
2.4.7, 2.4.8: as I mentioned above I believe datasource references should have the prefix "java:/jboss/datasources"(e.g. java:/brmsDS -> java:jboss/datasources/brmsDS)
Also regarding the overall datasource configuration, shouldn't we 'teach' users to use the tools distributed with EAP to setup the datasource (CLI or GUI tools) instead of editing the configuration file directly?
Likewise, thank you.
2.4.3 typo fixed.
2.4.7 bug 854612, comment 14 states that we should be using create-drop or create, and then remove the functionality. I've updated the procedure and added a note to explain the situation.
2.4.7, 2.4.8 updated, sorry I missed that.
Regarding datasource configuration. Possibly, yes, though it is out of scope for this document now.
I'll post a link to the updated doc as soon as it is live on the doc stage.
Datasource JNDI name should be java:jboss/datasources/brmsDS instead of java:/jboss/datasources/brmsDS (note the slash between java: and jboss). This is my fault, typo got into my previous comment.
(In reply to comment #9)
> Datasource JNDI name should be java:jboss/datasources/brmsDS instead of
> java:/jboss/datasources/brmsDS (note the slash between java: and jboss).
> This is my fault, typo got into my previous comment.
No, I should have picked it up.
Fixed. I'll post a link as soon as it is live on the internal docs stage.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 888669 ***