Description of problem:
When navigated to Administration->Content->Content Sources, the page displays the content source "JBoss CP Patch Feed" with scrollbar.
Clicking on the link "JBoss CP Patch Feed" displays the page again with scrollbar. Please find attached the screenshot as viewed on JON 3.1.2 ER2 build.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Build Number: 504cef5:b78316e
Browser Version: Firefox 10.0.2
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to Administration->Content->Content Sources
2. Click on the link "JBoss CP Patch Feed"
3. View the page. We need to use the scrollbar to view the page.
Content sources page view changed - The page view needs use of scrollbar on Firefox 10.0.2
Full page view without scrollbar.
Earlier it was a full page view without scrollbar. For comparison, I am attaching a screenshot as viewed on JON 3.1.1 GA build with same browser version FF 10.0.2.
Created attachment 652640 [details]
Page view - JON 3.1.2 ER2 build
Created attachment 652643 [details]
Page view - JON 3.1.1 GA build
Observed similar page view issue with 'Administration->Content->Repositories->JBoss Patches' page. Screenshot attached as viewed on Firefox 10.0.2.
Created attachment 654287 [details]
I was able to narrow this down to a specific commit that broke this: commit id: b9d4a5f. This commit brings in a different version of jquery as well which is most probably the culprit.
If I build from tag RHQ_4_4_0_JON311GA the issue doesn't exists. If I cherry-pick the commit: b9d4a5f then I see the issue.
Commit b9d4a5f is part of BZ 845277: JBoss ON dashboard shows messed metric graph on IE 8/9] Version of gflot upgraded to 2.4.2 (it contains the excanvas library for IE8/9 support of HTML canvas el.), version of sparkline upgraded to 2.0, version of jquery upgraded to 1.7.2; quick fix: removed the doctype declaration and removed overcasting to int (cherry-picked and merged into one commit from 5d243b3 and 8000e71)
I'm linking these two BZ's and moving BZ845277 back to on_dev as this BZ is a regression from that BZ.
Few more pages where the page view issue is observed on Firefox 10.0.2:
All links in Administration->Topology section
All links in Help->Documentation section
All links in Help->Tutorial section
BZ 883946 is probably caused by the same problem.
(In reply to comment #5)
So looking at the commit which causes this issue,
some questions spring to mind (hopefully at least some of these are not completely useless)...
1) What version of jQuery are we using elsewhere in the code base? I'm presuming this issue is caused by a jQuery conflict?
2) Is is possible to get gflot to use the version of jQuery we are using elsewhere?
3) Can we upgrade the version were are using elsewhere to the version required by gflot?
4) Can we have gflot use an external version of jquery (the one we use elsewhere) instead of the one it ships with?
5) There are lots of other versions of gflot between 1.0.0 and 2.4.2 are there possible some which would conflict "less"? :
6) Looking at gflot-1.0.0.jar\ca\nanometrics\gflot\GFlot.gwt.xml I see reference to <script src="flot-0.5/excanvas.pack.js"></script> This looks suspiciously like excanvas support in gflot1.0.0?
7) Why did we add <script src="/coregui/js/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"/> to CoreGUI.html if gflot bundles it?
8) Why was jquery.sparkline upgraded?
good questions. The good news is that while I was trying to provide the answers I've found the solution. It wasn't happening because of the jquery version conflict as we thought, but because I forgot to cherry-pick commit which removes the "<!DOCTYPE html>" from the main html page. (it is part of the bug 845277 comment 10. My bad.
for the future possible problems with jquery, here are the answers:
1) * JSF+RichFaces use jQuery (don't know the version it looks like it is some proprietary version from Rich Faces, because the word "RichFaces" occurs in it http://localhost:7080/a4j/g/3_3_3.Finalorg/richfaces/renderkit/html/scripts/jquery/jquery.js.xhtml)
* sparkline requires 1.7.2
* gflot has jquery 1.7.2 inside
3) I was trying to set all the versions to 1.7.2 (JSF has unknown version, but it is in iframe, so it may be fine in the end)
2) 4) looks like <set-property name="gflot.load.jquery" value="ENABLED" /> in gwt descriptor does it
5) In maven central there are only 2.4.0 and higher, the API has been changed, I was trying different versions
6) it was there, but it didn't work
7) sparkline needs in, i know it sounds wierd, but it didn't work without it. I think the jquery for gflot is lazily loaded only if some page with gflot is shown, but pages using glot and pages using sparkline are disjunctive
8) to use the same version of jquery like gflot 1.7.2
"<set-property name="gflot.load.jquery" value="ENABLED" />" should be "<set-property name="gflot.load.jquery" value="EXTERNAL" />"
time: Wed Aug 15 20:13:14 2012 +0200
author: Jirka Kremser - email@example.com
message: [BZ 845277] - quick fix: removed the doctype declaration and removed overcasting to int (cherry picked from commit 8000e712dd98fd8ee8e1ff52940e15b07f11e782)
..moving status to MODIFIED
Moving to ON_QA as new build available to test with:
Verified that all mentioned pages look proper on FF 10.0.2. Verified on JON 3.1.2 ER5.