Bug 881011 - ovirt-cli quits with DistributionNotFound exception on fedora18
ovirt-cli quits with DistributionNotFound exception on fedora18
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Product: oVirt
Classification: Community
Component: ovirt-engine-cli (Show other bugs)
3.1 RC
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: 3.2
Assigned To: Michael Pasternak
infra
: Reopened
Depends On:
Blocks: ovirt-3.2-release 905359 915537 922807
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-11-28 07:13 EST by Ohad Basan
Modified: 2014-10-30 18:34 EDT (History)
7 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version: 3.2.0.9
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
: 905359 (view as bug list)
Environment:
Last Closed: 2013-02-15 01:46:40 EST
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)


External Trackers
Tracker ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
oVirt gerrit 10922 None None None Never

  None (edit)
Description Ohad Basan 2012-11-28 07:13:04 EST
Description of problem:
on fedora18, ovirt-shell quits with an exception

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.install fedora+ovirt 
2.run ovirt-shell
3.
  
Actual results:
error is being thrown:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ovirt-shell", line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2815, in <module>
    working_set.require(__requires__)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 690, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 588, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: pexpect<=2.3



Expected results:
system should enter the CLI

Additional info:
Comment 1 Michael Pasternak 2012-11-28 08:05:31 EST
(In reply to comment #0)
> Description of problem:
> on fedora18, ovirt-shell quits with an exception
> 
> Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
> 
> 
> How reproducible:
> always
> 
> Steps to Reproduce:
> 1.install fedora+ovirt 
> 2.run ovirt-shell
> 3.
>   
> Actual results:
> error is being thrown:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/ovirt-shell", line 5, in <module>
>     from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2815, in
> <module>
>     working_set.require(__requires__)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 690, in
> require
>     needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 588, in
> resolve
>     raise DistributionNotFound(req)
> pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: pexpect<=2.3
> 
> 
> 
> Expected results:
> system should enter the CLI
> 
> Additional info:

how it's possible? i tested it on clean f18! does your yum.repos configured properly?
Comment 2 Ohad Basan 2012-11-28 08:42:12 EST
yes they are.

[ovirt-nightly]
name=Nightly builds of the oVirt project
baseurl=http://ovirt.org/releases/nightly/rpm/Fedora/17/
enabled=1
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=0
Comment 3 Michael Pasternak 2012-11-28 08:49:35 EST
(In reply to comment #2)
> yes they are.
> 
> [ovirt-nightly]
> name=Nightly builds of the oVirt project
> baseurl=http://ovirt.org/releases/nightly/rpm/Fedora/17/
> enabled=1
> skip_if_unavailable=1
> gpgcheck=0

we're not distributing "pexpect", my question if f18 repo is configured.
Comment 4 Ohad Basan 2012-11-28 09:03:09 EST
it is configured properly
Comment 5 Michael Pasternak 2012-11-28 14:00:43 EST
[root@dhcp-1-76 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release 
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow)

-------------------------------------------------------
[root@dhcp-1-76 ~]# yum search pexpect -v
Not loading "blacklist" plugin, as it is disabled
Loading "langpacks" plugin
Loading "presto" plugin
Loading "refresh-packagekit" plugin
Loading "versionlock" plugin
Not loading "whiteout" plugin, as it is disabled
Adding en_US to language list
Config time: 0.013
Yum Version: 3.4.3
Setting up Package Sacks
Reading version lock configuration
pkgsack time: 0.236
rpmdb time: 0.000
tags time: 0.000
================ N/S Matched: pexpect ===================================
pexpect.noarch : Pure Python Expect-like module
Repo        : @fedora

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[root@dhcp-1-76 ~]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo 
[fedora]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
#metadata_expire=7d
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

[fedora-debuginfo]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - Debug
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/debug/
mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-debug-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
metadata_expire=7d
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

[fedora-source]
name=Fedora $releasever - Source
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/source/SRPMS/
mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-source-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
metadata_expire=7d
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch
Comment 6 Jason Brooks 2013-01-10 19:33:14 EST
I'm getting this same issue with F18 and the version of oVirt 3.1 in the F18 repos. 

The error msg asks for pexpect<=2.3, and F18 says: "Package pexpect-2.3-8.fc18.noarch is obsoleted by python-pexpect-2.5.1-5.fc18.noarch which is already installed"
Comment 7 Michael Pasternak 2013-01-13 03:14:52 EST
(In reply to comment #6)
> I'm getting this same issue with F18 and the version of oVirt 3.1 in the F18
> repos. 
> 
> The error msg asks for pexpect<=2.3, and F18 says: "Package
> pexpect-2.3-8.fc18.noarch is obsoleted by python-pexpect-2.5.1-5.fc18.noarch
> which is already installed"

i couldn't reproduce it then on very same machine Ohad has used, but i'll change
dependency to allow pexpect >= 2.3, i guess we will cross the bridge when we'll
get there (issues with newer versions (i remember some talk about breaking backward compatibility))

anyway thanks for reporting this Jason.
Comment 8 Michael Pasternak 2013-01-13 03:21:34 EST
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/10922

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.