Description of problem:
This is a fork of bug 870586, see bug 870586 comment 45.
anaconda 18.36 exception report
Traceback (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/storage/devices.py", line 787, in create
raise DeviceCreateError(str(e), self.name)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/storage/deviceaction.py", line 241, in execute
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/storage/devicetree.py", line 323, in processActions
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/storage/__init__.py", line 336, in doIt
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/storage/__init__.py", line 174, in turnOnFilesystems
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/install.py", line 114, in doInstall
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/threading.py", line 504, in run
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/threads.py", line 91, in run
threading.Thread.run(self, *args, **kwargs)
DeviceCreateError: ("Can't have overlapping partitions.", 'vda1')
anaconda-tb is in attachment 658701 [details].
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. I had an existing F18 installation on that disk, standard partitions only.
2. I went to manual partitioning.
3. I re-used the existing swap partition in the new layout (by checking "reformat" and "apply").
4. I re-used the existing root partition in the new layout, but I downsized it and mounted it as /home.
5. I deleted the existing /boot from the old system.
6. I created a new / using all the remaining space. I switched it from LVM to a standard partition.
7. Partitioning screen closed OK, but the installation blowed up shortly after Begin Installation.
This is a quite standard scenario, proposing as blocker.
anaconda-18.37-1.fc18 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 18.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 18 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing anaconda-18.37-1.fc18'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
Verified in anaconda 18.37.
anaconda-18.37.2-1.fc18 has been pushed to the Fedora 18 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.