From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR
Description of problem:
The report on the screen says:
File "/usr/bin/anaconda". line 694, in?
int.run(id, dispatch, configFileData)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py", line
446, in run dispatch.gotoNextL()
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run the Install - either graphical or text - makes no difference
2. Occurs at various locations - when loading install, choosing boot manager or
on 2nd CD.
Actual Results: System said "It's safe to reboot your system".
Expected Results: Install the software without incident.
System Specs: AMD Duron 850, 128MB DDR210 RAM, WD 10GB HDD, Sony 52x CDROM, TNT
Riva Video, 3Com 590 TX NIC, Via chipset on board.
Have you tested all your installation media?
Unfortunately, I don't know how. I purchased the software so assume the disks
are good but this is no real guarantee. I really know nothing about Linux. I
do know that I have installed Mandrake on this system without incident.
Here is some more info:
I removed hardware (video and nic) and am now able to proceed in the install.
I get into the install and get this error:
/mnt/sysimage/var/tmp/linuxdoc.tools-0.9.20.3.i386.rpm cannot be opened. This
is due to a bad image, disc media etc.
I downloaded the iso and made my own CD. Result is the same. I burnt a new cd
using the cd from Red Hat as the source and the result is the same.
If I attempt to restart the installation, I get an error stating <something>
CPIO - Bad Magic and then the setup stops. I can't get the entire message
because it goes by too fast.
If I shut off the machine for a while (15 minutes) I can then go back into the
setup just fine but with the above file copy error.
You may want to see if you can swap in a different CD drive in the system. CDs
can be unreliable (I've seen thousands of examples of the problem you are seeing
and its always either bad media or a bad drive).
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 75008 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.