Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 887320
Agent raise OutOfMemoryError when adding new Deployment child resource on AS7
Last modified: 2013-09-03 10:43:51 EDT
Description of problem:
When you try to add new deployment child to an AS7 resource, the agent raise an OutOfMemoryError.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Find a simple WAR to deploy
I tried with Jenkins http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war/latest/jenkins.war
2. Go to an AS7 resource page, Inventory/Child Resources tab.
3. Click the toggle button Create Child/Deployment and upload you WAR, then Next and Finish
4. Go to the Inventory/Child History tab
The new Created Child history record ends with status failed. A big stack trace ending with OutOfMemoryError is in the history details (see attached stack trace).
The new Created Child history record ends with status success.
* Attached is the server stack trace. The error is catched and passed to the server so it's reported on the server but actually raised in the agent.
* Deploying the same war to a Tomcat 7 resource works. So it may be a problem only for the AS7 plugin
Created attachment 663660 [details]
Notes: http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war/latest/jenkins.war is 46mb
Is this also a problem in jon311?
It's also a jon311 issue.
AS7 plugin uses HttpUrlConnection to talk with management API.
HttpUrlConnection keeps data in memory until output stream is closed if content length is unknown.
Setting transfer mechanism to chunks solves the problem.
master - 52bdd6f
master - 52bdd6f reverted
Fix worked by chance at first because there was an already active connection to as7.
But HttpUrlConnection does not support auth in streaming mode.
Bug fixed (ASUploadConnection now uses commons httpclient) instead of HttpUrlConnection from JDK.
master - 84b4cbc
Reworked to upgrade to HttpClient 4
master - 21ec5e2
Reworked to increased delay in AS7 itests to discover all resources
master - 3b18013
All unit and integration tests pass on my box and on Jenkins:
Manual testing leads to expected results (see the steps listed in the original description of this bug)
Bulk closing of issues in old RHQ releases that are in production for a while now.
Please open a new issue when running into an issue.