Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 894778
[RFE] Add metering/monitoring support (via Ceilometer) to Horizon
Last modified: 2014-02-02 17:40:57 EST
Add metering/monitoring support (via Ceilometer) to Horizon
See also https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/horizon-plugin for an initial upstream effort at integrating Ceilometer with Horizon.
Hello. What's the information request for?
The basic ceilometer integration (for Havana) consists from 3 blueprints:
Prerequisites to test:
Install OpenStack with Ceilometer enabled.
On Admin panel you should now see the Resource Usage page with:
1. Several tables with avg statistics of important meters from the last 30 days
2. General multi-line chart showing statistics in time.
- You can pick meter, whether to group by project or see the resources and time span
- Know that if there is not enough data, chart resize itself by available data. So having only data from one day, switching to week timespan does nothing.
- The list of all meters is here http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/measurements.html (you need to have associated services to see the statistics data)
- Line chart should resize itself to fill the rest of the screen (there is minimal size) and react to window resize event.
FYI not sure if the 5 minutes test run will be enough. I think the period of sampling is pretty big (I would say minutes).
Also for charts, the smallest interval is one day for now, and the chart shows only 400 samples for one line, divided into one day.
as Perry agreed, it will be tested in upstream tempest.
I'm trying to sanity test this feature, however at the moment the 'Resource Usage' Stats tab only shows a black rectangle (cf. screenshot). Thanks to Ladislav, we determined that it's probable a css file is missing from the compressed CSS - openstack_dashboard/static/dashboard/less/horizon_charts.less as the chart classes don't seem to be included. Matthias, can you help us shed some light on this?
An additional data point: when I removed openstack-dashboard-theme in order to sanity check bug 911888, the Stats graphs started displaying just fine.
Created attachment 830697 [details]
Stats graph: Black rectangle
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.