Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 906667
RFE: put-project should be able to get the project type and project Id from zanata.xml
Last modified: 2015-07-28 23:27:32 EDT
Description of problem:
In maven-client-2.0.2-SNAPSHOT, defaultProjectType become an mandatory option.
However, this is interfering the project maintainers' work flows.
Quite a few project maintainers work create a new project using following method:
1. Copy zanata.xml of other project.
2. Change the project name and version (they seldom need to change project type, as they usually deal with just one type).
3. Using either zanata client to create project.
After the introduce of defaultProjectType, now not only it breaks the existing automation scripts, but also project maintainer now need to type redundant information to command line options.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Maven client 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Copy a existing working zanata.xml
2. Change the project id to "PushTest" or other id that haven't been used.
3. mvn -e zanata:put-project
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.zanata:zanata-maven-plugin:2.0.2-SNAPSHOT:put-project (default-cli) on project null: The parameters 'defaultProjectType' for goal org.zanata:zanata-maven-plugin:2.0.2-SNAPSHOT:put-project are missing or invalid -> [Help 1]
Project "PushTest" created successfully.
*** Bug 737799 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Reassigned to PM
Migrated; check JIRA for bug status: http://zanata.atlassian.net/browse/ZNTA-273