Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 966899
thermostat: GUI window content does not fill whole window
Last modified: 2013-09-09 16:35:53 EDT
Created attachment 752512 [details]
Screenshot of GUI
Description of problem:
Thermostat GUI content does not fill the whole available space in the window.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. yum install thermostat awesome xserver-xorg
2. thermostat service &
3. echo exec awesome >~/.xinitrc && chmod +x ~/.xinitrc
5. press Mod4+Space (Mod4 is the key between Control and Alt, usually)
6. press Mod4+Enter to open xterm
7. run "thermostat gui" from xterm
GUI content does not fill the whole available space in the window.
GUI content does fill the whole available space in the window.
This is a bug in OpenJDK/swing, not thermostat. OpenJDK is sensitive to which window manager is being used and things break with an unknown window manager .
You can work around this by:
1. yum install wmname
2. wmname LG3D
*** Bug 966905 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
awesomewm is now a reparenting window manager. I can not reproduce this bug any more with F19.