Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 967968
Forced shutdown freezes virt-manager after serial console was used
Last modified: 2016-05-05 00:40:41 EDT
Description of problem: SSIA
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. set up VM & serial console as in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Virt_Serial_Console
2. In the graphical window, select View->Text Consoles->Text Console 1
3. Switch back to graphical console
4. Force guest shut down
Actual results: Message "Error: viewer connection to hypervisor host got refused or disconnected!" appears and virt-manager starts eating 100 % CPU.
Expected results: guest shutdown
Additional info: May be related with bz 967961.
I think this fixes it:
Author: Martin Kletzander <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue Jun 11 09:32:13 2013 +0200
serialcon: Close the console at the end of the stream
*** Bug 967961 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
virt-manager-0.10.0-1.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 19 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing virt-manager-0.10.0-1.fc19'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
virt-manager-0.10.0-1.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.