Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 971496
Notify user about question dialogs
Last modified: 2014-01-02 05:59:33 EST
Description of problem:
dialog asking what to do with new message should pop up over window that received ctrl+q/File-Quit, not over concept window, and it should be highlighted
This is similar to bug 810460 - evo seems to do noop instead of requested action.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. have a main window and a New Message window opened, each on separated desktop and have main window focused
2. tell main window to quit the whole application (ctrl+q or file - quit)
* a pop-up is issued:
* over the New Message window
* without any highlight
* main window gives no indication of what's going on whatsoever
* the best thing: just save the messages quietly and quit, restore the messages quietly on the new startup
* the next best things:
* highlight the pop-up window in WM
* bring the pop-up on top of the window that requested evo to quit
Created attachment 758064 [details]
hanging evo bt
The issue is somewhat worse if you issue another ctrl-q/File-Quit while the pop-up is waiting elsewhere - evo then shows all window widgets as disabled and it does not respond to any input anymore. The attached backtrace is of window in such state.
Upstream patch available (for master (3.9.4+) and 3.8.4+):
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.